Main Menu

New guy here

Started by HasAVision, May 13, 2009, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HasAVision

Hey everybody, my name is Mike. I recently purchased an 82 Vision in excellent restored condition from one of your members "Cougar Dave". I'm loving this bike more every day. I have big plans for it so get ready for my questions. I look forward to talking with everyone.

sunburnedaz

;D ;D Welcome  ;D ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

YellowJacket!

Hey Hasavision,
I'm David and live not too far away in Knoxville.  Lucky is another ROV member here in TN.  He's in Loudon.

Welcome to ROV and the SoROV (Southern Riders of Vision).

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Welcome!

Cougar Dave did a nice job on that V.  He showed up at the CROV ride in Johnsondale a few years back.  It wasn't running then & he was living (I believe) in Las Vegas at the time.  He was wanting to meet some Visionaries and to see / hear actual running Visions.  Sure is a purdy bike.  You'll have lots of fun with it!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) Hi and welcome to the ROV, the best place a Vision can bring its new owner to ;D :D :D :D...  ;) Nice '82 Vision, by the way... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Welcome!  I like your bike! it appears to have no paint on the wheels. I like the look , my paint is wearing off. Perhaps I'll try that look.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

HasAVision

Quote from: Rick G on May 14, 2009, 12:45:37 AM
Welcome!  I like your bike! it appears to have no paint on the wheels. I like the look , my paint is wearing off. Perhaps I'll try that look.

I actually stripped it down and painted the wheels and frame. Up next is the body but I haven't decided on a color yet. I was thinking.... yellow!

vadasz1

You mean something like YelloeJacket's YJ?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

HasAVision

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 14, 2009, 01:33:50 PM
You mean something like YelloeJacket's YJ?

I guess but I don't mean to copy anybody. I am a Mustang fanatic and was thinking about going with zinc yellow but like I said I haven't made a decision yet.

vadasz1

How about OSHA Safety Yellow?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

I always thought a combination of Guardsman Blue & Wimbledon White would look good on a V.   ;)  (a fellow Ford fan & former Mustang owner)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

If you want an idea about what a yellow Vision looks like follow the link in my sig line to my blog space.  I have lots of pictures of my yellow Vision there.  It really is a good looking color on the V.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)