News:

Main Menu

Blinking Donkeys!

Started by Rick G, May 14, 2009, 01:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

There was a certification class, for R410A refrigerant in Fort Mohave this evening. As luck would have it the most direct route was, down Oatman Road to Boundary Cone Road.
It was a good ride down , and even more fun coming back. Caution is necessary as there are numerous types of fauna bopping around in the dark. I encountered several rabbits , both Cotton tail and Jack varieties. An owl chasing dinner. A single Donkey blinking at my head light,  from the left side of the road . Then later, as I exited the canyon , another, just standing in the road looking stupid .
And finally a small herd of cattle , standing all over the road , chewing their cud . I had to weave in between them, as they surprised me, their dark brown coats making them even less visible , than the Donkeys light grey.
It was 99 in Ft Mohave and 73 in Kingman . It was great to get home!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

Rick,

Do the cattle shit in the curves, like the Donkeys do?
:P
      How about the Goldfish? Did they live through Winter?

That's sure a nice road you got there.

Later,
;)
Coil

Rick G

Yes the fish were fine a month or two ago, when I checked. I'm not sure of the cow shite , I'll
  look under my fenders and see! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll bet they do, I haven't seen nearly as much of that variety tho.
yep, its really a neat road , I just wish it was 150 miles long like my loop in OR . on the Quartzville byway.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike