Surprize, Surprize, another "V" in Ketchikan, Alaska

Started by akvision, May 15, 2009, 01:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

I'm driving down the main street in town along the waterfront and, I do a double take.  I say to my Mrs's.... hey look at the motorcycle.. so???, it, it , it's a "V"... I can barely contain my self.  I say we have to go back and look... She says, I have to walk the dog.  I say the dog will wait..so ok we go to Talbots and turn around... Back to the "V", it is parked infront of the local Yamaha shop..( on the water, outboard motors and small generators only) " Alaska Outboard".  I run in the shop that is run by a couple of guys that have been here forever.  Grew up here.  Their Dad is famous for being the "Father of the Alaska Permenant Fund", that is another story.

So, I discover a 82 naked here in Ketchikan that belongs to the local yamaha outboard shop owner.  He picked it up locally as a commuter and it has about 20K miles on it.  He says it only has a slight stumble when you get on it hard.   I have directed the owner to our site.  I tell him about my interest in this group and the bike.  so we talk, talk, talk.  Mrs's is thumping on the dashboard.. have to walk the dog..got to go.   

When I get my bike up here next September, that means "AKROV" .  Right?  This is pretty cool! Another running "V" discovered.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Tiger

8) Superb...Now you know that Visions, although an endangered species, do breed... ;D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

cool! even though he's an outboard dealer, he should be able to get V parts no problem.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

QBS

At approx. 20k miles the bike either has its' starter clutch reattached, or needs to have it done.  Inform the owner of the problem in case he doesn't know.  Or, better yet, don't inform him and buy off him for cheap when he decides its' getting ready to throw a rod.

akvision

I have spoken of the "majors" with him.. Will invite him out to a bite soon.  I have a yam outboard and they have helped me in the past.
They are really savvy about mechanical stuff.
I will try to get Jim to join the forum.
AKv
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska