Off on an Adventure!

Started by akvision, May 21, 2009, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

About the only thing I will be riding will be and old ford truck.  Am reporting that I will have vision recision for about 10 days.  This site has become a habit and daily need.  Just part of my special interest group.  When, I get back will have lots of reading to catchup on "Visonary Views'.   

Am heading for 99584  Flat Alaska a mining ghost town about 250 miles west of Mount McKinley on a tributary of the Yukon River.  I grew up there and my folks are buried there.  Access is from Bethel, Ak via a Cessna 206. 

You all will be on my mind as I search for the relics of my first motorcycle a Hodaka "Ace 90".   It's final demise was when a Cat D-8 backed over it.  I didn't do it, it was loaned out at the time.

That Hodaka started the journey that is here today.

later....
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

h2olawyer

Safe journey!  Sounds like a great trip.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kid Jedi

As we walk through the present, we also retread our past
Loves to over think things.

akvision

thanks guys.

yeah Kid, You are a smart guy.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska