News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

#11 in the house...

Started by Tiger, May 24, 2009, 07:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Now I know that this will come as a wee bit of a suprise to some  ::) BUT I've just brought home number eleven!!!

I picked up a really nice, one owner 1982, Star Silver Vision ten minutes away from were I dropped off my buddy Art's Vision to its new owner, Wayne!!!

She has 27,000 kms (17,000 miles) on the original clocks, which aren't faded as she has spent all her life in the guys garage when not in use... 8) She was on the road last year.

The paint work is all good except for the gas tank which was changed out several years ago due to a leak. The previous owner painted it...its not bad but...
The seat is perfect, good tires, etc, etc...and comes with the original tool kit 8)

The battery is flat and now on charge, so I will know better tomorrow what needs to be done going forward... :-\

I'll get some pictures up this week sometime...won't you N_V :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (He's my publisher!!)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

And you know who to call for an emergency paint job.  Right Tiger?  ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

67GTO

And it's a fast bike because it's Silver ;)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

Is anyone surprised???  Great get, Tiger.   8)

Quote from: 67GTO on May 24, 2009, 09:36:33 PM
And it's a fast bike because it's Silver ;)

So True - - -

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Re-Vision

H2o, Thats the way I want my Vision to eventually look, full fairing and some 83 upgrades. Of course I'll be one up on you, my mustache is already color coordinated with the silver of the bike.  BDC

h2olawyer

My moustache has a few silver threads, but is still reddish-brown.  (Not bad for 49)  My Swedish ancestors had the good fortune to generally keep their hair & beard color into their 80s with just a few silver highlights.  Mom is 76 and still has hair about the same color as mine with about 25% grey -- no coloring, either!  My dad had a silver stripe in his hair before he turned 30 and was totally grey by 40 - white by age 60.  Got the genetics for my hair from mom's side of the family.   ;D

As for the V, I have installed the 83 footpegs & controls since that photo was taken 3 years ago.  I still have an 83 tank and carbs to finish up & install.  Then, I'll have the entire 83 upgrade package done.  I'll get the fairing and tank painted when I'm ready to install that upgrade.  May do the rest of the plastics then, too.

Did you notice the camera attached to the fairing directly under the headlight?   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

It's nice to have a picture of the person and their bike.

Re-Vision

I did not notice the camera until you pointed it out, what purpose does it serve?  I should think you would have it looking to the rear to record the cops when they pull you over.  I used to have a handlebar similar to yours and it was red too, even used some french mustache wax to keep the ends curled up.  BDC

h2olawyer

I use the camera to record some of my rides.  The scenery around here is pretty good.

One quick example:

http://h2olawyer.home.comcast.net/~h2olawyer/images/Videos/NARROWSRIDE1.wmv

There's also some footage I shot of a ride up Mt. Evans (the highest paved road in North America) on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzaipLYJErU

H2O

vadasz1

Rob, the video link is NFG.  Please try again.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

You may need to wait for it to buffer.  Sometimes it takes a while to get it to start on my computer.  Works fine for me.  It is in WMV format - so MS Win Media Player is the 'preferred' player.

Comcast recently gave us more space to post stuff.  I'll dig through my videos to see what I can find to post that hasn't been seen by many here and get some links up in the next few days.

H2O

Cdnlouie

Congratulations Tiger on your new baby Silver! Somebody is going to be very lucky to get this one.  OnRov is soon going to have another addition.  Great to get these bikes on the road  :)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on May 24, 2009, 07:58:48 PM

I'll get some pictures up this week sometime...won't you N_V :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah, but when you come down in August, I'm gonna learn you how to do it youself! 

a guy that can replace stators and carbs on the fly, should be able to post pics :P ;D ;D :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on May 25, 2009, 10:40:53 AM
yeah, but when you come down in August, I'm gonna learn you how to do it youself! 

a guy that can replace stators and carbs on the fly, should be able to post pics :P ;D ;D :D :D

:) Superb N_V...best before we start drinking, me thinks tho' :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:) Thankfully, Visions aren't computerized!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

Quote from: Cdnlouie on May 25, 2009, 09:42:51 AM
Congratulations Tiger on your new baby Silver! Somebody is going to be very lucky to get this one.  OnRov is soon going to have another addition.  Great to get these bikes on the road  :)

:) I tell you, this is one sweet, one owner Vision...certainly the best of the bunch, so far... 8)

When I leave this mortal coil, I should have the biggest parade of Visions in North America giving me a great send off  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

h2olawyer

When that time comes, (far, far in the future), maybe they will have figured out how to replace your stator!   ;)

H2O

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 25, 2009, 06:55:10 PM
When that time comes, (far, far in the future), maybe they will have figured out how to replace your stator!   ;)

H2O

Hahahahahahahaha...I hope so H... 8)

Brian Moffet

I wonder if it will involve being leaned against a tree...

vadasz1

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-yamaha-vision-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZyamahaQ20vision

If Tiger is interested then this could be #12.  Come on bro, what's one more cub in the den.....

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 25, 2009, 10:11:11 PM
If Tiger is interested...

::) NOPE!!! Vision's are like good women...You can have as many as you like but one at a time ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER........ 8)