#11 in the house...

Started by Tiger, May 24, 2009, 07:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

Tiger, I wish there were visions around here to freshen up and sell. I saw an add in the paper in 2004 and again in '06 , mentioning a Vision for sale. But nothing since.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

:) Rick, I advertise on the internet, (kijiji, buy and sell, etc,), for Vision(s)/part(s)/Parts bikes...that is how I get to "find" them ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

I guess I could try , but we're a long way from anywhere , its 40 miles to Bullhead, 60 to Havasu, 100 to Lost Wegas , 150 to flagstaff, and 180 to Phoenix.....  I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on June 04, 2009, 03:50:48 AM
I guess I could try and see what happens.

:) Rick, nothing to loose, as the advertising is free, however, maybe something to gain is just around the corner... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) Finished her off tonight with a Stainless Steel braided brake line up front...the brake fluid was brown and scanky looking when I opened up the master cylinder :o :P Line on, bled off lickeredysplit... 8)

Threw on a new in-line gas filter just for the hell of it!!! ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I have to say that this must be the best Vision to come through my place since I got "The Mistress" four years ago...she has been a real pleasure to get ready for the safety certificate and ultimately a new owner. Somebody is going to get a real gem... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

and boyee does she look good.....

but.... honestly, would you really buy a motorcycle from this man   :o

:D :D :D

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

Tiger I'll give it a try  at a 100 mile range , any farther than that and the recovery costs will eat me up.
Rick G

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on June 04, 2009, 10:44:23 PM
but.... honestly, would you really buy a motorcycle from this man   :o

:D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That's Kev in the Red jacket (kev10104) and me in a kid's toy store in Stratford trying on a baseball hat with hair ::)...a great shop!!!...Hey it's his wee ones birthday, don't yer know ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Thanks N_V, once again for being my personal publisher :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

Sometimes you have to be lucky to catch a great date like that.

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on June 05, 2009, 07:09:19 AM

Thanks N_V, once again for being my personal publisher :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D... 8)

no problem, just keep in mind that you run the risk of me taking some editorial liberties when I post someone else's pics  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on June 05, 2009, 05:57:10 PM
no problem, just keep in mind that you run the risk of me taking some editorial liberties when I post someone else's pics  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D editors privilege  ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

Tiger

:) She is all ready, (I'll take her next week sometime), for her road Safety Certificate... 8)

This is what has been done to her, so far...

* New rear tire purchased & fitted 8)
* Engine oil/filter drained/changed & refilled with Castrol 10w40 8)
* Rear drive oil drained and refilled 8)
* New spark plugs/wires/caps installed 8)
* Removed OEM fuse box and installed "blade type" fuse holders/fuses, including the one in the headlight... 8)
* New battery installed & a pigtail for a float charger 8)
* Fitted a Stainless Steel braided brake line up front 8)
* Stripped, cleaned, serviced and rebuilt the rear brake 8)
* Rear brake bar fasteners replaced 8)
* Installed new positive (starter solenoid to starter) and negative (battery to ground) cables 8)
* In-line gas filter installed 8)
* Checked out all the electrics 8)
* Gave her a good wash and...VOILA!!! she is good to go...$1,250.00

8).......TIGER....... 8)

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Tiger

:) Well, a guy came to see her on Sunday but is torn between a 2008 Suzi' 500 or the Vision :-\

He likes unusual toys, not run-of-the-mill cookie cutters, sooooo.......I gave him until the weekend to make a decision, either way... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)                       

Rick G

A GS 500 Suzuki isn't half the bike the vision is. Its not as comfortable or as fast . Its a fair handler , but not comfortable on long rides.
Rick G

Tiger

#11 now has a new owner...as does #13!!! (which was Wolf's one-owner-from-new Vision!!!) The two were sold one day apart to teenagers, one in Orangeville who took #11 and a sixteen year old from Hamilton who took #13.

They both have the ROV site details. Hopefully, one or both will join us...

TIGER