News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

A FLAY you say? what is a VR FLAY?

Started by scootertramp, May 11, 2004, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

ArrrGeee

I believe it's just a term for the modification, otherwise known as a hack or a mod.

here is an official dictionary type of definition:

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/flay

someone else may have another idea...

-Ron

Walt_M.

And, to think that I thought Scootertramp was just messing with us! I looked at the diagrams and followed along with the explanations for a while but it looks like they are trying to kill a gnat with a sledgehammer! Keeping the connections clean and tight will prevent 99% of their problem. I was somewhat amused to read their comments about the size of their stator output wires. We are not alone!
Whale oil beef hooked!

scootertramp

it's gonna CURE those ODD VOLTAGE SPIKES. keep you from under charging and overcharging no matter what the load.. .
but you have to know of the SECONDE INCARNATION of the FLAY or the relay goes out and it's open when it does. So the seconde version is the better one only the addition of the OVERREDUNDENT SECONDE FUSE has been nixxed as being redundent and overkill.
the backwards relay and all that is wild.
it's confusing to me(ku-duh) but I'm going to do it. I'm sure. As well as an inline voltmeter. again I wish I had a wizard to help me.. OH wait I do! ahahah! some of you are wizards...
all the connections cleaned or cut out and change out of wires like the ground and a ground from starter bolt to seconde ground are critical as well.
this is a great bike.. I like working on it sometimes.. Kinda like gettin a girly hotted up.. you know there is a PAYOFF COMIN' VROOM!
cause this is a

Walt_M.

The relay will not drop out fast enough to stop a spike. It would be like using a belt and suspenders to hold up your pants. Either will work if you remember to fasten them but, if you connect them to each other, if one fails, they both fail. But, if it makes you feel better, have fun.
Whale oil beef hooked!

scootertramp

HEY WALT,walter, waltest; thats why they have it hooked up that way so if it does drop out you ain't gonna die out and your voltmeter will tell you any way?
I know NOTHING so thats why I put it out here so I could get some LEARNED OPINES.
I ain't sure if it'll work  or if it'll do any good..
But I know a little more than I did yesterday and maybe I can make it work..
That VOLTMETER is gonna be cool.
The VR flay is an interesting idea. I would like to know if anyone here has done it?
cause this is a