News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Motorcycle Lifts

Started by Re-Vision, July 01, 2009, 03:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

While trying to get down and inspect the bolts on my rear brake strap, I realized I'm not twelve and it doesn't say New Departure.  What are you older gents using to make your machines accessible.  Ramps or motorcycle lifts or what?  BDC

Walt_M.

Older gents? I'm only 60 but the last time I looked at the brake bar bolts I just laid on the floor. Kneeling/squatting just won't cut it any more. However my wife got me a nice Sears aluminum ATV/MC lift a couple of Christmas's ago which will help but it only goes up 15-18". Still haven't used it though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Kid Jedi

harbor freight makes a great lift for the price.
Loves to over think things.

YellowJacket!

I thouhgt of getting one of the harbor freight two rail lifts but I think they will only work on a bike that has a full frame underneath.  My mac pipes would end up getting crushed if I ever tried to use one of those.

Now, a full table lift with a ramp would be very nice. The guy that did my saddle bags had YJ up on a full lift and it was downright convenient.  It was huydraulic and both  the front and rear tires can be locked in place.

As for my brake bar bolts...and everything else, I used my butt and shoulders to brace myself on my garage floor.  I think half the time I was working on my bike I looked like I was doing the dead cockroach dance.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

I have a Chinese bike hoist . It has a removable rear section , that is also the ramp. Its hydraulically powered. The Harbor freight deck hoist is larger , with a smaller ramp. I have one of those too, modified with a 4ft X *ft deck , to accommodate ATV's. Either one is a great investment , even if your not 67.  LOL
Doing fork seals is a breeze if you back the bike onto the hoist and tie it down . The front end is super easy to get at when the hoist is up.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike