Bat Fairing

Started by kev10104, July 04, 2009, 10:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev10104

My father is looking for a bat fairing for his intruder.He is riding down from Nova Scotia on the weekend to Toronto.Thought I would check here for him.

kiawrench

kev  -
it would help if you had a name or builder for the fairing you are looking for -- 

i am thinking you are looking for a windjammer    a wide ,heavy fairing ,most often seen on harleys ,and many police bikes
  these are the ones most often called "batwing "fairings . keep in mind, it takes a big bike to hold those things up with out being unstable.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

I'm thinking the windjammer fairing too.

Kinda like this one?  http://www.xs11.com/images/stories/ktalbot.jpg

Or maybe this?  http://www.xs11.com/images/stories/wjv.jpg

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kev10104

I am pretty sure it is a batwing fairing.I believe he has a 1400 intruder.Thanks guys.

Rick G

The Vetter Wind Jammer is huge and heavy . Its like pushing a barn door down the road!  Good luck!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

Quote from: Rick G on July 04, 2009, 10:37:18 PM
The Vetter Wind Jammer is huge and heavy . Its like pushing a barn door down the road!  Good luck!

It parts the air more smoothly than a humans head/chest, and i'd rather be behind a vetter for 2100 miles, than the 'faux' shield that comes on the 83
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////