News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Funny (True) story about a doctor and his motorcycle

Started by YellowJacket!, July 06, 2009, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

One of the internists that works with me in the hospital rides a motorcycle.  He asked me today if I'd been out riding lately and I told him about my bags getting mounted and my recent carb problems.  Well, he told me that he went out riding the other day and forgot his cell phone.  Unfortunately, he ran out of gas and had to push his bike home 5 miles (he lives in the middle of nowhere).  He was afraid that if he left it, it would have been stolen.

So I asked him the obvious......Why didn't you switch it over to reserve?

Now this guy is about 6'6" and bald.  He smacked himself on the forehead so hard, he actually had a hand print on his head for about an hour.  Told me that he'd hurt me if I told anyone.   ::) :D

So...Don't tell anyone I told you.  LOL!!!!   :police: :angel: ;)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

lol,,, your secrets safe with me. where do you work? lol...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

h2olawyer

Another of those priceless "D'oh!" moments.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I did that in MN except I was on reserve , I pushed it 2 miles to a gas station  and then smacked myself on the forehead (I have lots of forehead, no I'm not bald, I just have a 4 inch part, in the middle)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

I started running out of gas the other day so i thought "Oh, i'll just switch it over to reserve" and color me surprised when it was *already* on reserve. Thankfully i was within bar-squeezing-gas-pump distance of a gas station :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////