Value of a good XZ550 in Australia?

Started by chrisw, September 04, 2009, 08:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisw

From watching alot of classified's in America and here I've noticed that the vision's tend to be quite cheap bikes. The redbook value here is $200!! however I've had 4 punters offer me to take the bike as is in parts, at various stages of my riding adventures where I meet up with random riders from all over South western syd, I've had 4 people just throw up the idea of me getting rid of the project to them.

$300
$350
$900
and....

$1500.

This is as the bike is, with the rust on it still, in pieces, not running without the paint finished. the $1500 offer was from someone who already has a few classics in possession. I wonder what it would fetch in 99% restored condition.

Glyn

Hi Chris, Im in NZ, using my Vision everyday as a commuter in the terrible Auckland traffic. Running Visions are rare here, I think I've only seen 2 or 3 at the most in all my years here. If you have one, it's always nice to have a spare, so cond is not too important.  I have a spares bike which I am going to put another motor in as a project. There are a few of trademe NZ at the moment. I reckon $500 to $1000 is your range.