News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Newcomer from Cornwall in England

Started by lexx790, July 18, 2009, 10:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexx790

Hi all, I bought my Vision off eBay a couple of years ago to restore and replace my Suzuki GS500.
Since buying it i changed positions in my workplace and done a shed load of overtime and never had the chance to spend anytime restoring. Now with the global recession I still have the job but overtimes stopped so I have spare time to carry on with this project. I started a blog to keep a record of my project  http://yamahaxz550restoration.blogspot.com/ and I'm looking forward to reading all the old posts here to look for tips, advice etc to help me on my way.

Night Vision

oh no! another shiner  >:(

don't make it look too good or we'll be jealous and hate you  :P
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Welcome!  Will be fun following your restoration process.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Glyn

Nice one Simon. Looks like you know your Engineering.

I'm from County Durham originally and now in New Zealand. Is it your intention to keep in bog standard of put on useful non standard modifications?  Is it an 82 or 83?

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Kojo

The work you've done so far looks great! I'd go with the chromed look if it weren't so hard to maintain. Good luck to you!
Younger, but just as smart. Really.

lexx790

Quote from: Glyn on July 19, 2009, 05:44:38 PM
Nice one Simon. Looks like you know your Engineering.

I'm from County Durham originally and now in New Zealand. Is it your intention to keep in bog standard of put on useful non standard modifications?  Is it an 82 or 83?

Hi Glyn
Its registered as an 82 bike which will be mainly standard but if there are parts that can be improved on then I will try and fit them, finaces allowing. I do know my engineering because I is one.  ::)