how the hell do you fall off of a motorcycle

Started by Kid Jedi, July 18, 2009, 12:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Jedi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8157409.stm

"Police said the driver fell off the bike, which ran into the crowd. "

how the hell do you fall off a bike, which still remains upright, and runs over some spectators?

??? ???
Loves to over think things.

rhpaw

I read that article 3 times and still didn't quite get what happened.

It was a cop+bike, we know those guys are good..
And old woman.

So, maybe he was cliping along around 20 near the sidewalk to keep bystanders clear of the race. -Old lady not paying attention, steps/falls/chases ratdog out to his path before he has time to react.
He hits her, and then maybe lowsides in  panic, or comes off the bike being caught or hit by her.

...Or he was doing a cool wheelie.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

YellowJacket!

Sounds like the woman walked in front of the bike and was hit then the rider wrecked/fell/got knocked off and the bike "slid across the pavement" into the crowd.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

Motorcycles will carry on , with out a rider  due to the gyroscopic action of the wheels , IF the rider exits without disturbing it too much.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kid Jedi

ya, but how do you just "fall off?" take a motorcycle going 60 mph and it wont fall over if you kick it,  how does a rider, unwillingly, exit his motorcycle, with out laying it down on one side?

ahhh. here we go

"A woman crossed the road and was hit by a Republican Guardsman on a motorcycle," Alain Fontaine, a spokesman for the gendarmerie, told Reuters news agency.

"Then the motorcycle slid and hit one or two more people," he added.

they put up the rest of the story.

pedestrian, 2 points!
Loves to over think things.

YellowJacket!

Honda has gone to great lengths with their new Goldwings to design an airbag system that keeps the rider from "flying" off the motorcycle in the event of a collision.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)