News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

VJMC rally in Omaha for 2010!

Started by don_vanecek, August 01, 2009, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

I did make Vintage Japanese MC rally in Heber Springs, AR last year, lots of neat bike, I believe pictures I posted still or good, I will bump it up. This year there is a regional rally in St Joe, MO on Sept 3 to the 5th, I will miss it due to a niece getting married in St Louis, MO on the 5th of September, too bad it is less then a three hour ride from me. Go to the VJMC web site for more details.

NEXT year, the VJMC club I belong to may put on the rally in the Omaha, NE area, we will vote on this Sunday (tommorrow as I write this) I hope we will do it-post details as I know em over the next year.

Anyway got the burned shoe on the muffler, cleaned the bike up as best as it cleans up any more and I'm ready to ride down to Omaha Sunday! Oh, I better put some gas in the tank!

BUMP  Our Omaha VJMC group did vote to put on the regional VJMC rally next year, date picked is August 5-8. All other details to now be worked on over the next six months, we have lots of ideas and hope to have an interesting rally.  My bed and breakfast could put up two couples or several singles for any Visionaries that may come. Do note however that you will have about a 30 minute ride to the rally site from my house (or perhaps longer-the site of the rally has many proposed sites that all need to be explored yet).   

don_vanecek

don_vanecek

I'm bumping this up since in is the VJMC group I belong to putting this on and I'm also on some of the planning commitees. there will one Vision there anyway (mine of course).

Not sure if our site is up yet, it is

metricfest.com

You can also see info on it at

vjmc.org

Hope some you maybe considering coming.

PM me if you have any questions. 

don_vanecek

bumping this up, only about three weeks away. At this time we don't know if we will have a small group or thousands.

More info metricfest.com  also at vjmc.com

Or you can ask me. I of course will be there as one of the organizers.

don_vanecek

Well our MetricFest didn't come off too bad, many nice bikes, oh about 15 vendors. Weather was hot both days.  I bought a set of chrome round rear view mirrors for $30.00  (brand new) they extend an extra inch out and do seem to give me a better rear view image without half of my jacket in the mirror. Did you know the right side mirror has wrong way thread's I know why I could never get it off!

Had an interesting talk from the manager/owner of HVC cycle in Lincoln, NE on the subject of leak down test. After that talk I think I would be crazy to buy an old two stroke MC. Where an older four stroke such as our Vision's need of course good rings, valves, head gasket, those supposedly simple two strokes have all sorts of places to leak air-crank end seals, seals between cylinders, where the case splits, head gasket-you may need a full rebuild on an engine with low miles ($$$$) as these gaskets deteriorate with age-and you will have nothing but constant running problems if you have any of these leaks. The leak down test is how you determine the status of the engine-but a kit to do one is like $300.00! now remember, this is a different test from a compression test. A two stroke engine should for a short time hold pressure in the crank of each cylinder for a certain period of time.  A four stroke with the piston at TDC, valves closed-should also hold pressurer for a time-again this is different then a compression test.

Spent almost ahalf hour talking with a young man from North Platte, NE who claimed he has a Vision that he just got back from shop (carb overhaul) and that it was running and he would be using it. Talked to him about my experiences, improvements and ROV. Dared him to join us and dispute my claim to having the only running Vision in the State of NE, so we will see.

You know it is almost as interesting with an event like this seeing the bikes that people ride to the event, amazing all the classic bikes that are still around.