Accelerator pump fuel spray pattern???

Started by jono1798, August 02, 2009, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jono1798

It says in the manual that it should be conical. Both of mine appear to be straight and cylindrical. I've tried blowing out the accelerator pump nozzle with compressed air but I'm getting the same results. What next folks?
No man is rich enough to buy back the past.

Kiwi

Mines the same way.  I don't see how I can make it any cleaner.
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

funkamongus

did you take it apart from the carb body or leave it in?? I understand, (I havent done it yet, but need to also) that you must take the nozzle off to get the inside parts clean enough..
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Rick G on August 03, 2009, 03:07:09 AM
Hey Jono, is that a red heeler?

I was gonna ask the same thing.  Gotta love them cattle dogs.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

heres how you fix that:

-remove the top & gasket from your carb
-grab the round thick part of the nozzle with a good pair of vice grips
- slowly twist & pull the 'turret' up & out. your only making slight twisting motion. take your time.
-there is a ball & weight under the turret, don't loose them.  the ball goes under the weight.

-once it's out, sneak into your wifes/mothers/S/O's sewing box & steal the little silver flat needle threader with the thin wire & the picture og the girl on it. leave a $5 bill in the box.

-pull one side of the wire out & use it to poke into the tiny nozzle end.  the wire is small enough & stiff enough to clean out the scale in the tube.  blow it out or rig up a hose on the straw tube of a can of carb cleaner

-drop in your ball & weight, tap the nozzle back into the carb body, making sure it's straight.

-you may need to clean up the turret with a file, it's brass & soft & could deform slightly from the removal/instlall.  just use a small file.

as QBS is fond of saying, "Declare Victory"

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

Quote from: jono1798 on August 02, 2009, 11:20:33 PM
It says in the manual that it should be conical. Both of mine appear to be straight and cylindrical. I've tried blowing out the accelerator pump nozzle with compressed air but I'm getting the same results. What next folks?

conical is an urban myth..... just make sure they squirt good and don't hit the throttle body
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

jono1798

Thanks lads.

In answer to questions about the picture. That's Chopper, Red Heeler. A great dog, I wouldn't stray to another breed.
No man is rich enough to buy back the past.