News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Hoses. Hanging out all over the place??

Started by jono1798, September 05, 2009, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jono1798

I bought my bike cheap and non operational. Got myself a manual and ripped out the carb, cleaned it and threw it back in ( with a little help from guys on this site) I had noticed when i started to work on the bike that loads of the hoses were hanging loose, not just the ones connecting to the carb. Can anyone help. Possibly with close up pictures of their bike??? What is a lad to do?
No man is rich enough to buy back the past.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Re-Vision

I've got a bike torn down and can send you pictures of most any hose you want to see.  Tell me where a hose is connected and I'll show you where the other end goes.  We can figure out whatever hoses are left over or missing once everything you have is connected up.  BDC

YellowJacket!

Jono, at the very least, you need to get a copy of the Haynes manual.  Better yet, you need to contact Lucky - the guy that posted below you - to get a copy of his DVD.  It includes all the manuals and diagrams.  Its VERY helpful.
There are LOTS of hoses and vacuum lines on the Vision and it also depends on the year and if its an 82 if it is pre-carb upgrade or post.  A picture is worth a thosand words but more info is too.  :)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Re-Vision

Took pictures Monday of most every hose connection, I can put them on Photobucket if you want to see (a) Intake manifold connections,(b) Carb connections, (c) Air box connections.  BDC

jono1798

http://picasaweb.google.com/jono1798

I was having trouble posting a pic directly onto this page so I posted two pics to picassa on gmail. The link is above. I'd definitely like to see pics of the hoses intact.

vadasz1

Pic#1: black hose goes to bottom of coolant overflow bottle and clear hose goes to top of the bottle.

Pic#2: both of those clear hoses are your carb vent hoses.  They connect to the cast ports near where the sync rod is in your picture.

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Re-Vision

I need help figuring out how to make the pictures I posted on Photobucket available to viewers here on ROV.  I'm willing to go to some other photo service if you are more familiar with it.  Ignorance is aggravating.  BDC

jono1798

Are you on gmail?  There is a section on gmail dedicated to photos which you can make clear to the public. Failing that, facebook possibly!!

Re-Vision

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/bobbydcrabb/   

Try the above, if that doesn't get you in we'll have to wait until I get help.  I don't anything about gmail or facebook.   BDC

jono1798

Excellent pictures man, cheers, they help a lot.   I've come to notice a few other things that I am missing such as a coolant bottle and a YICS chamber. I've looked at http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-motorcycle-xz550rj-1982/o/m18336 and can't seem to find them. Any thoughts?

Re-Vision

These pictures are of the original 82, the airbox mod and front carb changes add two more small black hoses to front carb. I'll post the pictures when I find some more time.  Missing parts are most likely to be found on Ebay or from the salvage places selling on Ebay.  BDC

jono1798