News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Instrument Cluster

Started by Re-Vision, September 03, 2009, 09:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

The top of my instrument cluster looks as though it had received a rough paint job near the top of the gauges or there was some sort of moisture accumulation.  Took it apart and used isopropyl alcohol on a Que tip thinking this would clean the black paint if there was something on it and certainly do no harm. The paint came off as if I had used a paint stripper.  Surely this is not normal?  It was a beautiful gauge too,colors were bright.  Any suggestions?  BDC

vadasz1

If you want I can send you my scans of my gauges.  I scanned the speedo, tach, temp gauge and the temp cover.  Mind you that they are KPH-mph dominant.  But they are nice Hi-Res (aka-freaking huge) scans.  They were scanned in CORELDraw.  But I think I can send them as a PDF.  IF you have CORELDraw then it would come out as 1:1, but not sure if the scaling will be right in PDF format.  PM me your e-mail addy if you want them. 
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Rick G

I have copies of the ones Humber did. I also have a Canadian '83 face, in black . Its KPH on top.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike