Quick Wiring Question

Started by motorcyclezen, September 03, 2009, 03:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcyclezen

Is all of that wiring that fit nicely in a rubber boot when I had a faring supposed to fit in the headlight bucket? Seriously.

wigglesrewind

yup i believe it is. i was seriously thinking of eliminating my fairings but noticed the same thing which was one of the reasons i decided to keep the fairing on.
my first bike: 82' xz550 10k miles

sunburnedaz

It will but you have to wiggle it all in. Its a little tight but do able.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Tiger

:) Yep it all fits in there pretty well... ;)

You have three "holes" in the back of the headlight bucket.

The top one takes the wires coming from your gauges and handlebar switches and (as you look at your Vision from the front) one part of the main wire loom comes into the left and one to the right "holes" at the bottom of the bucket. They are all colour coded and fairly straight forward to reconnect up again. If in any doubt, use wire markers before you disconnect anything... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

motorcyclezen

Thanks. I actually did get it all in there, and after trouble shooting a problem with my front brake activating the brake light (ohmed-out the switch, tested the circuit and discovered I had crossed up two brown wires)--it all eventually worked in preparation for my Virginia vehicle safety inspection. I'm just really concerned about the effect the heat of the headlight might have on the plastic insulation. I really do like the "naked" look of the bike. Thanks again for the parts, Tiger.

Tiger

Quote from: motorcyclezen on September 04, 2009, 01:49:15 AM
... Thanks again for the parts, Tiger.

8) Good to know that you got her sorted...don't worry about the heat from the headlight on the internal wire's as all naked Visions have run that way for 27 years and, as far as I'm aware, none have burst in to flames :o ;)

Glad I could help you with the parts that you needed... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)     
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!