News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

QBS Dropped by to Say Hi!

Started by akvision, September 04, 2009, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

Yes , one of the true "Visionaries" came to Ketchikan, Alaska to check out the roads. 

We went to the end of the road in the north and the end of the pavement in the south.  He was impressed with the "Rain Forest".  And it did rain. 

He and his bride came by Cruise Ship on the Inside Passage and we had a great visit and paid homage to the "Hanz", chatted and ate scones as we watch the fish jump in front of my house.

It is always great to connect and share.   

And all because of an obscure Yamaha, produced in 1982, 83.  You never know the all the joys life will bring by being connected.

Good folks.

Alaskavision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

YellowJacket!

Its great meeting other Visionaries.  I talked to Lucky a bit before I first met him...and then he moved down here.  He and I used to live quite close to each other in Rhode Island but never crossed paths.

Also got to meet motorplow and mutt years ago.  Went down in the history books as the day the burgers died.  I don't think I've grilled a burger since then!  Also got to meet tailwheel and serendipity a few years ago.  Tailwheel on his Hardly Ableson and serendipity on her Vision.

Hey...come to think of it, how come everyone I've met isn't on ROV any more??  Well, except Lucky....

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

we're more "open minded",,, arent we??
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

QBS

Hi Jim.  Thank you very much for the kind words, excellent scones, and most excellent guided tour of Greater Ketchikan.  Kathy and I consider our visit with you and Mary Lynn to be the high point of our Alaskan Adventure.  It was fascinating to get to know you and hear all your stories about Alaska.  We loved your house and took pictures as the boat left the harbor.  I'm pretty certain that we caught a glimpse of you standing in the back area.

Please be sure to pass on our greetings and appreciation to Mary Lynn.  She was very gracious to open her home to two strangers from Texas.

Kathy and I look forward to getting together with you again.  Perhaps when you visit Florida and or when Kathy and I do our Alaskan camping tour.

Thanks again to you and Mary Lynn for the high point of our latest Alaskan visit.

akvision

Thanks QBS, See you next spring in Texas.

Always good to see a "VNARY" ! 8)
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska