News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

How much oil does your Vision use?

Started by wolfman, April 29, 2004, 04:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfman

My consumption "seems" minimal at worst..High speed (freeway) operation makes it somewhat worse, around town (varing speeds) makes it better.  I use 20w-50 Castrol "motorcycle oil" Does viscosity make any differance in your expirence?

nvdranger

I hope to find out this weekend ?;D.  Sorry I'm no help.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

h2olawyer

I can't say how much mine uses but the volume drop between changes is negligible.  Definitely much less than 1qt. per 1000 miles.  I don't ride it hard very much and only have about 7000 miles total on it.  I've never had to add any oil between changes.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Dave T.

The only way I lose oil is from leaking gaskets...   :P

Other that that it uses ZERO oil.  ;D
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Don Minor

Mine leaks just enough to make the bike attract every spec of dust in San Diego. I have to wash it 3 times between oil changes.Never have to add between then though.No blue smoke.I do however ride the thing as hard as she will take.Like I tell the guys in the Navy,"It's like a 23 year old girlfriend,she has to be ridden and every once in a while,ridden HARD.
Don