News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

60,000 kilometers

Started by kev10104, September 13, 2009, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev10104

I will be passing the 60,000 kilometer mark today and plan on putting many more on.I think it was april where I passed the 50,000 mark and am well on my way to 100,000.

vadasz1

Right on bro.  I'll be racking up mileage next year as well.  I estimate about 15,000 Kms or so per year.  I do about 65 kms/day just to commute back and forth for work.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kev10104

Tiger

:) We put some more miles on today buddy, eh!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

Those are the best miles.Thanks for another great ride.I always enjoy riding with you guys.

Tiger

:) ...and you my friend. It was also pleasing to have Lou and Jul's riding with us today...Three Visions, all two up, scooting along the highways and byways of Ontario on a warm fall day...magic 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

It was amazing.I felt so much pride with our 3 visions roaring down the road with our better halfs on the back of each one.That would be a great commercial for Yamaha.

kev10104

I actually contacted Yamaha and told them this would make a great commercial.Seeing many visions rolling down the street with some of our partners on the back shows good family fun and a true test of yamaha.Pretty much a thirty year old bike still bringing pleasure to it's owners.Consumers want products that last and what better way to show that then many visions rolling down the street?Of course I didn't tell them anything about the many different owners or the many gremlins but it will be interesting to see if I get a response.

Re-Vision

What do you think Yamaha would build if they made an updated retro Vision?  Went to a Yamaha dealer Sat. and saw some nice bikes (Suzuki and Yamaha) , nothing grabbed my attention like the Vision did in 82.  BDC 

kev10104

I'm not sure but there is so many different styles to choose from.

don_vanecek

There are and I'm sure many are great bikes, now try to find one with that nice shaft drive in the mid size field !!

funkamongus

60Ks  WOW!!! Right on!! or should I say, ride on!!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Kenny

I am now at 103,631 klms same stator,same r/r  going for 200,000 klms although this year has been light on the riding due other issues. Look out next year! ;)
                   Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

funkamongus

Same stator?!?!?! How'd you do THAT!!! 103Ks..hmm thats about 5 or 6 stators in, isnt it!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Brian Moffet

Well, Kenny has me beat.  I'm only at 71000 kms (44300 miles) on the original stator.

Brian