News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New Zealand XZ ride to 2009 Burt Munro Challenge 27-29 Nov

Started by kiwibum, August 02, 2009, 11:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwibum

opps sorry to start the slide off from this ride. January I should have time to fit a ride in, lot depends on getting employed, then the advantage being I know would be starting the 1st week of Feb when schools start up again. I doubt there will ever be a good time for everyone to join in though, so take the ride when you can.

jim328

I am aiming to take a trip to Motueka around about the weekend of 16th of January if that works for anyone? Won't be able to make Burt Munro though bike running but still finishing it.

treedragon

I will still be heading south myself.

Thursday afternoon I have to scoot down to Greymouth from Nelson, then it's over Arthur's Pass to stay the night in the Geraldine area, Friday down to the Burt Munro.

I am hoping to grab a few particular photo's shots on the way through so I am thinking maybe going via Lake Tekapo, Cromwell etc, it also tends to be less traffic and way better scenery, it's not that important but weather might be the deciding factor.

So if this fits in with anyone's plans??

Thursday afternoon I might have to push the boundaries a touch  8) as it's around 650k's, there will be a lot of bikes on the road with the govt certainly out revenue collecting  :o  :o  :police:  the radar detector will no doubt earn it's keep, more so the closer we get I suspect.

Glyn

Havn't been on the site for a while and just saw this post.

I'm riding my Vision every day at the moment, while keeping a close eye on the voltmeter... Apart from a small oil leak from my oil cooler (my fault) it has been stone reliable.

I've done a fair few mods to my bike so if anyone wants a natter I'm on 'pickteam@xnet.co.nz' .

Great to see so many XZ's on the road here, although I've only ever seen another 2 on the roads in Akl.

I'd be keen on a meet somewhere mid north island after Xmas too, depending on work etc.

Cheers  Glyn