Rebuild questions

Started by lexx790, October 28, 2009, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexx790

I bought the bike as a naked Vision but there was a full fairing and brackets with all the spares.
Looking at the wiring with the headlight bucket mounted on the fairing frame, does the loom still connect up inside the bucket?

I've decided to strip the engine ( past signs of fluid leaks ) is it recommended to get a full Yamaha Gasket set or a pattern gasket set or something else? Same with fork seals I can only seem to find after market ones not Yamaha.

When rebuilding is there a list of definite things to do eg brake arm bolt replacement, preferred things to do and things that just make your vision a little better than standard ?

Brian Moffet

If it originally came with the full fairing, no, the wires don't go into the headlight bucket.  They go into a little "baggie".

Re-Vision

This is the harness that I'm using on the bike I'm rebuilding, the rubber "baggie" holds a slew of electrical connectors and sits inside the metal bracket and is secured with a large ty-wrap.  BDC

lexx790

So does the baggie have its opened end facing down, I haven't noticed such a thing in my box of spares or noticed it mentioned in my Haynes manual. What size is this baggie so I can find/make something similar.

Re-Vision

Rubber bucket has open end up, bracket is bolted to same place the horn is mounted.  Page 48 on Yamaha shop manual shows rubber boot and connectors.  BDC

Kevin

Lexx, I don't like the leak proof seals dennis kirk carries. I would go to a bearing supply house, they can order your seals for you. It's just another hydraulic seal.

lexx790

Great pictures guys another problem sorted for my rebuild.
Nice uplighter in your garage in your picture Brian, I've only got bare flourescent tubes in mine  ;)