News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

'83 Vision for $50

Started by CH3NO2, October 25, 2009, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH3NO2

I haven't posted here for a long time, but just had to post after a bit of good luck the other day. While looking for race car parts at a local swap meet my brother tapped me on the shoulder and said "hey there's a bike like yours over there". I walked back and sure enough there was an '83 'V for sale. I had walked right by it. The owner was an obnoxious teenager who just about begged me to take it for $75. I told him $50 and was pushing it away a few minutes later. I don't plan on restoring it because the fairing is missing, the tank is rotted, it doesn't run and the electrics are a mess. It does however hae the dual front disc brakes I want for my '82. The exhaust is near perfect. I now have a set of '83 carbs, The wheels are much nicer than on my '82....I can keep going on for another paragraph but I think you get the idea.  ;D

kev10104

Well done.Looks like Christmas came early for you.

Lucky

Score!!  Good For you!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:) A great piece of business, congrats... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

akvision

it was a steal.... there is a tank for sale on ebay for $45, it may be the save... you know what Tiger said... V's are not free!
Save it if you can... 8)  (We don't get no sun where I live this time of year.)
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

don_vanecek

You know what, considering what you potentially may have to invest in time and money were you to put that thing back in tip top shape, that was the right price.

Good luck with it!