News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Kinda an odd question.... Virago parts bike for 100 bucks. Worth it?

Started by Tiffanator, November 04, 2009, 12:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffanator

Ok... so I believe that some parts are exchangable between the Vision and the Virago... and I believe that I have a Virago stator in my Vision. So anyway, there's an ad on craigslist about an '82 possibly '83 Virago parts bike here in town. Guy says he'll consider trades for some random stuff so I may be able to work out a trade. My question is... would it be worth it? From the pic the bike looks pretty complete he says he has never heard it run. I figure if nothing else I could part out the bike and sell it on ebay, maybe make a little money. Whats left can go into the "use this for experiments" pile.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

ejo

If you re prepared to strip it and eBay it, you'll get more than your money back. I say go for it, what you got to loose except elbow grease. Plus, depending on its condition, you might end up restoring it. :c)  8)

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiffanator

Well I emailed the guy and apparently it's sold and someone is coming to get it Saturday. He said he would email me back if they backed out.
Tiffanator
First time restorer