News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Up next...Friday 13th!!!

Started by Tiger, November 08, 2009, 05:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Up next, here in Ontario, we have the Friday 13th Port Dover run... 8)

This event is held on EVERY Friday 13th, regardless what month/season of the year!!!!

If you have never been to this event, you should... 8) Take a look at the link:

http://bing.search.sympatico.ca/?q=Port%20Dover&mkt=en-ca&setLang=en-CA

As long as the snows hold off, I'll be there...Who will join me boys and girls???

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) There will be five, up to now, for Port Dover on Friday:

8).......TIGER.
8).......Canadian_Lou.
8).......Louie in Oshawa and his bro'.
8).......Lil'blaster (Art') on his Harley.

......are you coming out to play with the big boys ???

Let me know folks and we can arrange a meet/ride....... :-\

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

kev10104

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on November 10, 2009, 05:30:00 PM
I am trying to work it out.

8) Good for you bud...Hope you can swing it 8)

We really should get a great turn out this Friday as the weather is sunny, dry and around 11/13c  8)

Rick G

Count me in!!! In spirit anyway.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

:) There will be eight riders, for sure, for Port Dover on Friday:

8).......TIGER.
8).......Canadian_Lou...and buddy with a Goldwing
8).......Louie in Oshawa and his bro'.
8).......Lyn on her Ninja.
8).......Nelson on his Katana.
8).......Lil'blaster (Art') on his Harley.

......are you coming out to play with the big boys ???

Meet at Breezy Corners for 9 a.m.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Its Friday 13th, Port Dover here we come... 8)

This sleepy town of 3,500 residents will soon be awakened by the sound of rolling thunder 8) With the weather cooperating the way it is, expect upward of 5,000 bikes to be there!!!!!!!!!! 

:police: The police block off all routes in to town, only bikes are allowed past the road blocks... 8)

A couple of tips:

1 - Gas up BEFORE you get to Port Dover...

2 - There are lots of vendors, as well as shops, selling everything bikes!!! Jackets, pants, gloves, boots, bike accessories, etc, etc...so bring your wallet...

3 - If you don't like fast food...your S O L!!!

4 - There is only ONE Tim Horton's in town...average wait is 45 minutes for a coffee!!!!!

For those not joining us for breakfast at 9 a.m. Breezy Corners, call me on my cell when you get to Port Dover... ;)

Bring your happy head, stay safe...see you soon...  8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Just in from Port Dover...man, it was a blast .

Thanks for a good day goes to Canadian_Lou and his buddy Scott, Lyn, Andrew, Nelson and Art'... 8)

The weather was bad...pea soup fog, when I left home at 7.55 a.m. this morning!!! However, it gradually lifted and the day turned out really sunny and warm...

Lots and lots of bikes attended...must have been 4/5,000 there...all sorts, shapes and sizes lined the street  8)

Next up...Who's going to join me for a ride on Sunday . The weather is going to be around 13c !!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

Well how was it guys? I am soooooooooo jealous. Oh well I had a super fun day at work. I am also full of s%@*. Hope you all had a blast at Dover
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

:) We had a blast Fid, we did... 8)
   When I left at 7.55 a.m. for Breezy Corners it was 2c (38f 'ish!!) with a heavy wet fog brrrrrrrrrrrrr...and I have to admit, after 20 minutes of that shite I was debating to turn back for home!!! However, I carried on in it until a couple of miles south of Georgetown, when it lifted. I had to stop off at the side of the road to clear the inside and outside of my visor before hitting the 401 highway!!!
Running west on the 401 I came up on Canadian_Lou on his Venture, heading for the meet point...I think I kinda surprised him when I pulled up along side...LOL. We came off at Guelph line and ran around some of the twisties in that area until we got to Breeze's. Soon after we arrived, Scott, a buddy of C_L's, joined us on his 2 - 3 year old Goldwing...followed by Art' on his Harley...Hmmmmm 1 Vision, 1 big cruiser and 2 big tourers......I like these odds LOL!!! Eventually, Lyn and Andrew rolled up and off we went. C_L up front and me taking up the rear....Hmmmmm, a nice view of Lyn in front of me  :o :D :D :D :D :D... 8)
C_L took us on one of his "follow the GPS mystery rides" all the way in to Port Dover!!! Apart from a 100ft stretch of dirt road, it was a really good run to our intended destination.
Once parked up we joined the throng.......thousands of like minded bikers who had swarmed this little town and turned it in to party central. You have every one from the Hells Angels at one side to the Christian bike rider club at the other...and everybody in between in attendance there :o
Being so late in the year, a lot of the regular eating house's were closed for the season and the three or four big beer tents were missing...they even let cages move around the place...something I've never seen before on a Friday 13th bash!!!
Shortly after arriving, Nelson called me to let us know that he had arrived and we eventually met up. After touring around we ended up in a wee Chinese for their lunch time special....Hmmmmm, not much to say about that  ::)
Once fed, we decided to go grab the rides and start the long trek home......C_L & Scott had left a wee while earlier. We headed out of town and up 24 to the 403, where we parted company with Art and Nelson. 403 east to 6 north and back to the Tim Horton's beside Breezy Corners for a coffee and pee break!!!
We left Timmie's after darkness had fallen...man it gets cold quick at this time of year when the sun goes down!!! We hopped on to the 401 East for several miles until I turned off on 25 North...waving good bye to Lyn & Andrew, I headed up 25 to 24 east and home for around 7 o'clock 'ish. I have to admit, I was pleased to get home, changed and sitting down in the warmth of home and family, once again. Man, did I ever sleep well last night...LOL
Today, Cathy and I are going over to Niagara Falls N.Y. to do some shopping and visit Pete's Market Place for a great steak dinner... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Walt_M.

Glad it went well. I hate to comment on anything having to do with Fri. the 13th. I'm not superstitious but bad things seem to happen to acquaintances/relatives on the 13th. Yesterday, my Father-in-Law locked himself out of the house. My wife and I were out running errands and he had to sit outside 4-5 hrs. Fortunately it was a nice day.
Whale oil beef hooked!