News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Wet Sanding New Paint

Started by jim328, December 10, 2009, 05:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim328

I have just painted my tank with rattle can. Results so far are good. I am keen to wet sand and then clear coat the tank. Is that the right order and does anyone know what grade of paper I should use for wet sanding?

QBS

Within the last 12 months there have been numerous posts regarding painting.  One in particular was quite detailed and lengthy.  Basically everything one could ask for regarding rattle can painting.  I don't remember who the poster was.  Hopefully, some other Vnary can chime in and provide you more direction.  Or you could do a search on "rattle can" and see where that takes you.

jim328

That makes sense I was busy searching for wet sanding and sanding.

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

inanecathode

Careful with the gas tank. ANY droplets of gas will make little soft discolored spots almost instantly.
Part of the reason i'm repainted the RD, theres no way i can keep all the gas i fill it with from getting on the tank and ruining it.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////