Look at what I'm picking up tonight.

Started by 67GTO, November 12, 2009, 07:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

lexx790

Nice low milage and looks goods especially with the round headlight, doesn't look like a 25+year old bike at all.

QBS

In its apparrent condition, and considering its low milage, it would seem to be a good deal.  Be sure and get all the fairing mounting hardware and the upper fairing plastic filler panel.  In a naked configuration, I really like the round headlight.  It appears that a full fairings' lower sections have been cut up and somehow mounted in their original position to get the chin spoiler look.  An interesting concept.

The low mileage represents a great opportunity cut all the known future gremlins off at the knees before they come alive.  Starter clutch attachement, starter motor oil seal, stator connector (just clean and grease it), and the fuse box (clean and grease the inside of the fuse holder prongs).  And, by all means, install an inline fuel filter immediately.

Is the seller ROV aware?  Please keep us posted.

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

[jh]

wow!

Raj1988

Do put up some high rez pics of the engine cover(fairing) that has been added to this bike
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

seabee

That is almost exactly how I want mine to look. If it runs nearly as good as it looks...you got a steal! Congrats!
***1982 Yamaha XZ 550 Vision***

Kevin

You are going to have 2 of the best looking vision's I've seen.

67GTO

Well I got it home. :)

The only thing missing from the fairing assembly is the rectangular trim ring around the headlight. The fairing that's on the bike below the radiator is
from a different bike the guy crashed (It's not a Yamaha piece) The round headlight is from a Honda CB 750. Also recieved a box of spare parts with
it.  The engine needs some polishing,something to do this winter.
The only problem is it's very hard to start when cold. I don't know if it's fuel or spark related :(

akvision

Try to flood it, an see if it starts better.  Extra twists, and full choke.  Check the condition of the plugs.
It just might need a little exercise and get better with use and new gas.  Every machine has a personality.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

QBS

Clean the ground connections at the spark coils and any other ground connections you can find.  Can't hurt and it's cheap.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

67GTO

QBS
  I was thinking of looking at the plugs, wires, and coils because it's getting gas (it pops in the exhaust
when I tried starting it, I think I flooded it then)
I will check it over sat.

Rick G

I wouldn't mind having the fairing , that's on the bike. I think I could graft it onto my VX, with out much problem, it already has a round headlight.I miss the Vision's fairing. The bike reminds me of Burke Storti's bike (seen in the gallery) a whole lot.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Quote from: 67GTO on November 13, 2009, 07:15:43 AM
QBS
  I was thinking of looking at the plugs, wires, and coils because it's getting gas (it pops in the exhaust
when I tried starting it, I think I flooded it then)
I will check it over sat.

Bad battery??

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

67GTO

YJ
  I don't think it's the battery (po put a new AGM battery in) It cranks good. I found that if I put it on half "choke" twist once,push button, twist, push,
do this for a while it will run then die but each time it runs a little longer until it finally stays running :)

Took it out for a ride this afternoon, runs very nice, no stumble. It might be my imagination but it seams quicker and more nimble then my 82 with the full fairing. Generally speaking does a a 83 run better than a 82?

After my ride I waxed the bike it looks pretty good for original paint. I touched up some of the paint chips. Polishing the engine comes next.

QBS

Run several highly concentrated Berryman tanks through the carbs.  What are the tire sizes?  They look large.  Running with no fairing could alter the feeling of handling nimbleness.  We discussed this at  length quite recently.

akvision

You might look at the idle jet setting and the carb balance.  The enrichener system atomizer(choke) may be plugged or gummed up.  It means you have to take the tops off the carbs.

I would not fight it, just a couple of hours and your will know.  These carbs are not that big of a deal.. the biggest deal is getting the screws loose.  I gummed up all of mine and replaced with better. Vise grips get them everytime.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

67GTO