Look at what I'm picking up tonight.

Started by 67GTO, November 12, 2009, 07:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

AK I don't agree with you, that "these carbs are no big deal "  I get many sent to me that are not only gummed up , but have been screwed up by past "mechanics" many who were professional mechanics.
Some Vision owners have the back ground, to figure out what needs to be done. But many more lack the experience to identify problem in the carbs.
I replace the main jets in most of the carbs I do , as they are so damaged, that I can't read the numbers and I'm not going to use a jet I can't identify.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

67GTO

I may have to wait until spring to work out the hard starting issue. (getting colder here)

QBS asked about the tire size: 100/90-18 and 120/90 18 Duro brand.
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

67GTO

Lucky

hey Goat, can you do a closer pic of the chin fairing?  something like that might be neat on Cafe Vision...  any idea what it's off of? or were the 83 lowers butchered up for it?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Raj1988

Looks like it is off an rd350lc aftermarket or the rz...
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

67GTO

Here is a close-up of the chin fairing: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1833484/

The po said it's from a Kawasaki (it's not a vision fairing cut up)

I called the po but he was not home so I left a message. I will find out what it's off of and let you know.

TixonPB

I loooove the round headlight and small windscreen. I saw what kind of headlight it was but does it look like it has some kind of modified bracket and where did the windscreen come from?

67GTO

The windscreen is aftermarket, I will find out the manufactures name when the po calls me back.

67GTO

67GTO

OK, Got some info.

The windshield is from J.C. Witney: http://www.jcwhitney.com/F-16_AND_F-18_RAKE-ADJUSTABLE_SPORT-BIKE-STYLED_WINDSHIELDS?ID=12;0;0;0;100003;ProductName;0;0;0;0;2002601;0;0

The headlight is a Honda CB750 from around 1974.

The chin fairing is from a Kawasaki Ninja 500 (1994) He said he had to trim it down to match the radiator housing.

Dan

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

QBS

The Ninja piece should be easy to aquire.  Kawasaki has been making that bike for many years.

Tiger

Quote from: QBS on November 19, 2009, 11:37:34 PM
The Ninja piece should be easy to acquire.  Kawasaki has been making that bike for many years.

:) New, yes...however, a decent one from a wreckers may be hard to come by. I was looking for the upper fairing for one and I was kept being told that all these rides seem to suffer front end damage and nothing much of the plastics survive... :-\

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

"unbroken" & "used Ninja plastics" aren't usually in the same sentence together, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black