News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Those crazy Europeans and their wild 2003 Yamaha XZ550 Vision.

Started by vadasz1, November 18, 2009, 11:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

artbone

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

hmmmnz

why not??? :D
for a cruiser i think it looks pretty cool,
i woundn't do that to any bike, but still cool...ish
grrrr

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

I don't like that style of bike but someone has done a nice job with this Vision.  The tires look like they ought to rub at every bump.  Funk should redo his seat to match this shortie.  LOL  BDC

artbone

Yes, it looks like a nice piece of work and I admire craftsmanship but why start with a Vision? For the amount of time, work, and money that went into that bike, he could have started with a Harley or one of the Japanese V twins and had something when he finished that many more people would think was cool.

I mean, a 550 chopper!! Everyone in the chopper world will say, "What a POS." The only reason we are talking about it is because it's a Vision and we are part of a small cult that happens to love Visions.

It's like two Nortons I saw at Barber's Museum. One was a Manx and the other was an ES 2. They were both restored to the same high standard. I'm sure the Manx cost a lot more to buy initially but from that point on, labor, paint, chrome, parts, etc. the expense was the same. But the Manx was probably worth $50K and the ES 2 was probably worth about $5K.

I can understand why Barbers would do that but I can't see why an individual would spend the time and money that that guy spent on something that is going to impress very few people.

I'm just sayin'.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Raj1988

Maybe he was aiming to impress himself more than anyone else!!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

QBS

Styling is reminisant of Yamahas' Warrior.  Reason for using a V could be legal displacement regulation related.

vadasz1

I wonder what that big round cover is covering on the left side of the bike?  You can see it in the 3rd and last pic.  Is it just to balance the look somewhat or just to fill the empty void there where the petcock would be, because his petcock is at the front of the tank almost.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Re-Vision

Ignition keys are hanging out of the center of the round cover, I suspect that it is primarily for appearances.  Different vibes for different tribes.  BDC

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

vadasz1

OK.  I missed the keys.  So it's obviously to hide the ignition switch and the wires from it.

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

artbone

Quote from: Raj1988 on November 19, 2009, 12:28:26 PM

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Who was it that said, "You can't please everybody so you better please yourself."
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Brian Moffet

I didn't look at it much when the first post was done, but I have admit it's an impressive piece of work.  The carbs look like they're leaking a bit (yellow around them) but other than that I am impressed with the over design and layout of the bike.  It's not my style, but it seems to be put together with a consistent "vision" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).

Brian

Raj1988

Quote from: artbone on November 19, 2009, 11:34:11 PM
Quote from: Raj1988 on November 19, 2009, 12:28:26 PM

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Who was it that said, "You can't please everybody so you better please yourself."

Piccaso!!!!!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on November 19, 2009, 09:53:12 PM
Quote from: akvision on November 19, 2009, 08:53:46 PM
It is from the Ukraine, that might explain some issues.

hey NOW >:(

>:( DITTO...I wondered when you would chime in "Yuri"... LOL

Its not my kind of ride...however, credit were credit is due...he's made a nice ride for himself and should be proud of his handy work  8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////