News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Year in review!

Started by inanecathode, December 01, 2009, 12:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Post up your pictures of vision, bike, family from this year here:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

inanecathode

AZ Ride 2009:

That's probably the only riding of significance i did all year. Alot of around the state stuff, but i'll remember that trip forever. Thanks eternally to rick for his hospitality and kindness in helping my brother get back on the road.

hmmmnz

sorry no pics of the vision yet, but heres one of my vf1000 on the south coast of the nth island ... nz
grrrr

sunburnedaz

@inanecathode when did you come though AZ man. Where are you normally.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

don_vanecek

Not much to report from myself this year, except for going to Lincoln, NE one day where I put the bike on the portable dyno and achieved figures that we really don't know just how they match with any other dyno runs. Boring year as far as rides, mostly just to work and a few trips to Omaha. Did put new front brake pads on and a new rear tire. Removed the carb restrictors I had ran with for over ten years and found that the bike basically ran the same without them. Well all I can say is they sure made a difference when I first put them on-or, or, I'll bet I had also just cleaned the carbs when I first did it, but that's over 20 years ago now. 

ina, just love the picture of you and the friend, how did the photographer do that one, wow that is great! Glad to see the friend has full gear, sort of hate to do much riding with my wife as I don't really have any gear for her other then an older open face helmet. The AZ picts are with the YZF shock, right?

akvision

Inane!

Rhpaw (harley hybrid) and I AKv had a great ride with you trying to sort out the big stumble.
It turned out to be reversed vacuum tube connects at the air box.  We had a great ride,visit and lunch, it was a highlight in my Vision year.

Thanks for the fellowship.

AkVision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

[jh]

That der VF1000 is a damn sexy bike.
wow!

Night Vision

is that Rick?  hard to tell,  but I've heard he's fast
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Summer git together with QBS and Lucky.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Quote from: Night Vision on December 01, 2009, 07:48:57 PM

is that Rick?  hard to tell,  but I've heard he's fast

Heh, probably. Fast? Maybe, but i wouldnt want to go very fast on the curvy sections on that road, its like a mine field with loose gravel and potholes! He sure wound it out alot, i kept it reasonable as far as straight lines were concerned, i still had to make it all the way back home without bouncing a valve off the top of one of the pistons. If its any matter, i believe on that ride i ended up going 160(?) miles on one tank including reserve, but i did lay down on the tank most the way back to try to cut down on drag :) That particular road is quite long, and ends up outside of the trail that goes to havasu. Coolest ride was the road up and over into oatman az, its kinda like lookout mountain road here, cept tighter and made with different pavement.

Don: Yes, those are with the yzf shock. I'll have to run out and take photos after this latest god-forsaken-blasted-wasteland-cold-front rolls on through. The cathode and cathodess picture was taken by one of the people i went for a ride with all over colorado, with the yzf shock as well. Tell you what, theres enough preload to carry a house with the shock on there, had no problems carrying me, girlfriend, and full bags of gear that day.

Sunburned: This summer me and my brother rode down to kingman via side highways, rode a couple days with rick and company, then scooted back up via the interstate. I'm in colorado, so not really in az much ;)

rhpaw

Nowhere, NM

inane, akv and me
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

Brian Moffet

I don't think I'll hit 45,000 miles this year, at least not commuting only.  I'll probably be about 40 short (where did all of this rain come from, but it's good for the drought)

Here's a photo taken on my way in to work a little while ago.

vadasz1

MAn, it sure sucks to be you!   ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

funkamongus

I did lots of riding locally.. and locally is TAHOE!!! And some in Arizona, too. Both Dirt and Street riding. Dont know how to insert pics in the text box.. but here's a slideshow, below.

My Vision isnt ready yet,, but my Virago was out this year.. here is a slideshow of the shakedown trip.  Emerald bay,, in the pics,, is about 5 minutes from my house.

http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20/First60PlusMileShakedown#slideshow/5318389118422495442
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

arthurdent510

One of the rare occasions that I actually had my Vision running long enough... took a ride up Tortila Flats (and picked up a screw in the tire some where along the way...)  This was at the top where the pavement ends.

inanecathode

akvision

This blog group is a treasure all it's own.

And this thread is a kick.  It is about who we are.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

inanecathode

Less talky, more pictures!  ;D

artbone

Jan. in Bariloche Argentina on Ruta 40.

No Vision content but lots of leg content. I LOVE Mexico.

The Battle Vision after it's first ride in about 20 years.

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650