News:

Main Menu

Year in review!

Started by inanecathode, December 01, 2009, 12:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artbone

San Miguel New Years.

Carol and me at New Years party at Anodo's house.

How did I get into this place with all these FREAKS?

Tangoing in Buenos Aires.

Sunrise in the New Mexico desert.

Fans at La Carrera Panamericana.

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

h2olawyer

Unfortunately, I had no Vision photos for this past year.   :'(

However, I do have a couple from my travels to some dark sky sites in Wyoming & Oklahoma.  At least these give an indication of why I haven't been around here much lately.

H2O

Weekend Under the Stars: Fox Park, Wyoming

Three from the Okie-Tex Star Party near Kenton, Oklahoma (far west in the panhandle)

My camp / observing site.  My scope is covered & to the right of Photo.  Other scope is a friend's who travelled there from Ft. Collins with me.

A beautiful scope (home made).  Only 10 inches of aperture, but the optical quality of the mirrors is incredible!

My cousin Dennis Webb with his scope - a 17.5 inch truss tube Dobsonian - he built the scope using Coulter Odyssey II mirrors.  A beautiful light bucket.  I wanted to build a scope of a similar size, but I am limited to what I can fit through the back door of the camper.

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

don_vanecek

The Vision on the dyno in May 2009

artbone

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

don_vanecek

General / TechTalk / Re: Don Vancek's Dyno Test Report

Sorry, I don't know how to post the address but the post and dyno test is still there, you need to go back to about May. Thanks again Dave for posting the dyno sheets.

It made 43.39 HP and a somewhat controversial 58.46 Ft lbs torque. 

akvision

http://picasaweb.google.ca/usa584/MyPhotos#

Here is some of my 2009 AlaskaVision adventures in Colorado with RHPAW and Inane.

Was a great year and next will be better!

Jim Dahl, Ketchikan, Alaska...."AlaskaVision"
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Night Vision

Contestants in the 2009 Vision 500  :D :D
                                                                        we were all winners that day

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on December 23, 2009, 06:20:18 PM
                                             Contestants in the 2009 Vision 500  :D :D
                                                                        we were all winners that day

8) A great weekend indeed N_V...Looking forward to the next one... 8)

In this picture from your right to left.. In the blue top, #1, Night_Vision, #2, the tall guy is Wolf, #3 is Joevac, #4 is ME!!, next up is #5 JasonM and last but not least, #6...and no your not seeing double...then again I suppose you are...Its Night_Visions twin brother!!! LOL

8).......TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Brian Moffet on December 17, 2009, 09:48:15 PM
Here's a photo taken on my way in to work a little while ago.

And on my trip home tonight.   Depending on the weather, it may be my last ride of the year (sitting at 44,949 miles on the bike.)

in case you're wondering, the Palace of Fine arts is the dome, with Alcatraz Island off to the right.

QBS

It is really great to put faces to names.  Very interesting that the demograpics are so similar, even down to hair color.  We are all old enough to appreciate crotch rockets and also old enough to know better.