News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Winter Ride - Dec. 4th -8 Celcius Wind chills today

Started by Cdnlouie, December 04, 2009, 11:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Not much riding time left these days, but the season has been extended due to lack of snow in the Canadian South (Toronto).  When you hear the starter chirp after firing up the Vision you know it's cold!  Hey, another winter ride just shortens the winter by another week.  No stabilizer yet, still hoping to empty the tank one more time!  Got to watch the tires when they are cold...a wee bit slippery they are.  Oh, and keep your eye on the ice from the car exhaust!

The electric gear (vest and gloves) is still keeping me warm but it is reaching its limit now.  Takes some time for that heat gauge to show any heat and you wonder if you should just pull over and let it warm up.  Not exactly balmy today, but you can feel the stator working when the warmth soothes out the spine chills.  The brain is telling you to feel cold, but the stator says chill out I'm still putting out the amps!

I actually put my rain pants on today and it was not raining, to break the wind chill.  Hunkered down under my balaclava (inside my helmet), but feeling kinda edgy because you're the only bike on the rode.  Hey wait, there's a Harley...must live in the neighborhood and going down to the dealer nearby to get it winterized, because no one's out for a joy ride today, except me.

You know when you ride a Vision, it's lonely being the only one!

P.S. At least there are no bugs today!

Re-Vision

I don't know what -8 degrees Celsius is but I was cold when I went for a ride at 41 degrees American. Going to try and find that old ski mask.  Got to thinking maybe I should have bought a full face helmet rather than the 3/4. I will probably do less riding now but I've never seen a December or January when we didn't have some days where we could wear shorts comfortably outside.   BDC

inanecathode

Last winter i rode the TT when it was 12 degrees out, lots of snow lots of ice. It was interesting, i wasnt cold at all, but it did dump it a couple times ><
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

George R. Young

Managed to get in a ride on December 6th in Ottawa. Long underwear, sweater, full leathers, gauntlets, around +3 deg C, still pretty fresh.

Snow and salt arrived the next day, looks like that's it for the 2009 season.

Tiger

:) We will have to find a centre point, in 2010, for a ride that will include:  GeorgeRYoung, Pou and all other Visionaries out East of T.O... ;)

8)........TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

I think Peterborough to Oshawa would be a good point to start an Eastern division OnROV ride.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Cdnlouie

That would be a cool idea.  If you want to do an Ottawa run, I have a good route between Peterborough and the nation's capital.  Have to go up one day and back the next.  We just need a place to lay over and launch from.