Brought another back from the dead...

Started by Rsvbruno, May 18, 2010, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rsvbruno

Well guys, I'm relatively new here and if the wife likes this bike, (shes getting her license this year) then I hopefully get to keep it.

I got my 1983 Vision for free...a buddy called me up and asked if I wanted a free motorcycle.  I HAD to say yes, and we went and picked it up from a friend of his mother.  She said it had been sitting for 2 years and "leaked" when it last ran.  She also said her son wasn't as mechanical as he thought (thus the reason it sat). So if I took it away, I could have it for free and she'd send me the title soon thereafter.  It's been a week and I've got her running like a champ thanks to all of your posts.  I will say I had the hardest time with the carb sync because I'm used to 4cyl and 3cyl bikes and they are all kind of "standard" for the syncing. But I found Lucky's site (I think) and I got her running like a champ today.  Of course not without cleaning the hell outta the carbs and the "leak" was the overflow in the carbs.  Bent the floats (like I was told on this site ;) ) and all is well.  I'm very excited to drive her tomorrow when I get the new front tire in!  I can't thank you all enough for the help on this one.  I've had 3 V-twins in my life but this one was by far the most interesting.  Well, thanks again, and I hope to be around on here for a while yet.  Maybe post some pictures and how-to's because there doesn't seem to be enough of that when I was searching.

Bruno

Brian Moffet

Welcome to the 83 club....  It's very very small  ;D

don_vanecek

Well it sounds like your a step ahead of many of the new members on the forum that often have very limited mechanical experience, welcome!

So tell us where you are and what else you have in your stable!

QBS

Good for you and welcome!  Tell us what things beside the carb issues that you have done to the bike.

JRSuprstar

Rsvbruno, great job, fantastic to hear another one has been saved...

JR