News:

Main Menu

#18...She's alive again!!!...

Started by Tiger, December 08, 2009, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I stripped out the front brake caliper today, washed all the parts down in brake and parts cleaner. Everything is now nice and clean and ready to rebuild...after a quick repaint ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

Quote from: Tiger on January 07, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
:) I stripped out the front brake caliper today, washed all the parts down in brake and parts cleaner. Everything is now nice and clean and ready to rebuild...after a quick repaint ;)

:) The front brake caliper is cleaned, painted, serviced and rebuilt and ready to go back on...when I get the tapered head bearings.

New spark plugs/wires/caps are on the bench and ready for install...

We progress slow but sure... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) Plug wires/caps and plugs are now installed along with the heat shield...which was a missing item when this Vision came in!!

Now, bare in mind before you read on, this Vision came in as a non-runner, like most do...........

I decided, as I'm waiting for parts delivery, to remove the left side engine cover and check the starter clutch, balancer nut, etc...and here's a first!!!
I eyeballed the starter clutch bolt threads and found one backing out... ::) Ah, no big deal ::) so, I pulled the flywheel from the shaft and as it bounced along the garage floor...yes, flywheels do fly!!!...the starter clutch was sitting on the shaft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...ALL three soc head cap screws had sheared off at some point...NO WONDER THE BUGGER HAD STARTING ISSUES for the previous owner (wanker!!!) ...GO FIGURE, EH!!! The starter clutch and flywheel are FUBAR'd >:( ::) So once again, the flywheel/starter clutch assembly that I have for my spare motor, was installed...bugger!!! New gasket made, side cover reinstalled, new Stainless Steel soc head cap screws replaced the oem ones and new oil and filter installed...enough for today me thinks...time for a scotch ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Tiger I think it's time we called some local machine shops to see how much a flywheel and clutch parts will cost to be fabbed.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) The taper head bearings arrived today, so, in they went, along with the freshly painted triple trees, the rebuilt front forks, gauge cluster, signal indicators, headlight bucket, speedo cable, nicely painted/serviced brake caliper, S.S. braided brake line, headlight bucket, wire harness in the bucket and all connected up... 8)

I couldn't help but connect up a "pony" tank, filled it with gas, poured a wee bit of gas down the carb throats and after a wee bit of coaxing...VOILA, SHES ALIVE once again...briefly but alive 8) muhawhawhaw!!!!

8) .......TIGER ........ 8)

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kev10104

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on January 29, 2010, 03:08:12 PM
You gotta love it!

:) Yes you/I do... :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

All the wires in the headlight bucket are connected and all check out fine... 8) Headlight bulb was changed out, to a halogen, before reinstallation, from the big useless OEM one... ;)

8)......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

I need a garage buddy.Any volunteers?

Tiger

Tiger

:) Mike came over, last night, to see his Vision and give his nod of approval  :P I'm pleased to say that he is veeeery happy with the "finished article", (mechanically anyhow!!).

Other than a set of tires, which Mike is ordering, this wee girl is ready for safety certification... 8)

She starts right off the button, with no rattles or clanks...in fact, she GROWLS  superbly with the MAC's she wears... :o ;)

That's another winter rebuild coming to an end...and another very happy owner, who will take delivery in a few weeks...(once the weather warms up some and he gets his motorcycle licence!!)... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

I'm glad to hear everything worked out.

Tiger

:) #18 is now back with her rightfull owner... 8). I loaded her up on to the trailer earlier today and dropped her off at Mike's place in Georgetown (Ontario!!). He is one happy camper, I'm pleased to say... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Cdnlouie

Great job! Your Vision charges are finding good homes.  Nothing like clear floor space for a while.

From the windy city!