News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Watcha get from Santa????

Started by Tiger, December 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) So, was Santa good to ya boys 'n girls??? or, did he sadly pass you by... :o

Santa brought me: A new three in one riding jacket for the new season ahead, a bottle of scotch, C.D, 2010 motorcycle calendar, new watch, three gift cards, underwear, anti smelly stuff, a mega jar of salted peanuts, 2010 Broons calendar, ceramic travel mug and a few other bits 'n pieces...Sooooooooo, no complaints from me, eh!!!... 8)

What about YOU... ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

don_vanecek

I will have to reply later to what I got as we had ten plus inches new snow, blowing and drifting, power has now been out for almost 24 hours (at my kids house now) so just haven't gotten together and opened anything up yet. Have been snowed in since Weds, missed all X-mas church service and before I could get to my kids house today had to blow out a snow drift over 4 feet high, thank you neighbor for owning a nice new ten HP snowblower. And he was glad to help me as a few weeks ago he couldn't get it started (but I figured it out). The midwest Christmas blizzard of 2009 and darn, it's snowing again! So last night by flashlight I read about half of last year X-mas present, "A twist of the wrist two", interesting book but geared more to racing then street riding, I'll play student and submit a book report perhaps this spring after I try out a few of his ideas.

akvision

I  got "Snowy Cabin" , ""love and ""home made cookies and a "Silent Night" ;my nephew GSX-R 750 obsessed was visiting and skiing.   And..... a frozen kitchen drain pipe!!

I am a happy guy.

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

h2olawyer

Santa pretty much passed me by this year.  Not entirely, though - got braces on the lower teeth a couple weeks ago & am ordering my telescope kit next week.  However, it was a most enjoyable Christmas - spent time with family & friends & that's always a good thing.

Mother Nature left Don V a real nice White Christmas!  The US Senate just gave the nation a lump of coal . . ..

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

lexx790

44 years old and never seen a white Christmas  :-[
Although it came close with temperaures dipping below freezing for a few days before the day.
Christmas day was bright and suuny didn't get much from santa personally as we bought a nintnedo Wii as a familly present.
Sitting here now with a sore arm from playing to much Wii tenis.

funkamongus

I got a seat!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370256755616&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_6500wt_939
And had a nice Steak Dinner with friends.... Happy New Years Everybody!!

(H2O, I couldnt agree more, they left a floater in the punch bowl)
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

treedragon

The remains of a 1982 550 - ex wreckers, a gift from a motorcycle friend.

Somewhat depleted but has a good motor, frame, tank, an original seat in good condition (it's for sale).

Means I can do up the motor, paint the tank and front guard at my leisure.

YellowJacket!

I got a stocking cap, some really nice thinsulate gauntlet gloves, a couple sweaters and a gadger bag for all the things that I lose in my backpack.

Heading to the 'rents house tomorrow for the rest of the Christmas celebration.

Only regret is that my son skipped out on another Christmas again this year...his third in a row.  I still have the same card for him that I bought three years ago.  :-(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

Sorry to hear that, David, best wishes for a new and great year!
I own:

don_vanecek

It has snowed another one or two inches this afternoon and Ii will have to clear a drift out of the driveway again before I can get out Sunday BUT got my kids X-mas present, a new pair of Tourmaster MC boots and when I got home this evening the electricity is on again, Merry 2009 Christmas blizzard!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on December 26, 2009, 04:31:47 PM
The US Senate just gave the nation a lump of coal . . ..

I agree, they didn't go far enough to provide universal health care...

I got a Garmin/Nuvi 550.  It's pretty cool.

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

I got:
slippers
4 shirts
a 2010 calendar
a bag of pistachios

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

mmmmmmmm pistachios!!!! I love those... you scored!
I own:

vadasz1

Well I got a new laptop, 2 Ipod Nanos with Hannah Montana protective covers, an Olympus digital point and shoot that even works under water to 33 feet, some chocolates and some cash.  And the worst of it I have to share all this with both my daughters(8 &10 yr olds).  Or did they get all the presents I just got a lump of coal?  Anyways, we always make use of them as a normal family without any bickering (yeah right!!)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Just found out that I'm getting a "late" gift.  Here are my choices, which do you all think is the better of the two?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/92204.aspx?feature=product_1

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/46014.aspx?feature=product_4

or these:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/85370.aspx?feature=product_19

I had actually asked santa wife for them and the catalog got misplaced.  Found it sitting on my laptop this morning.  :-)

David

Lucky

Night Vision!!
Tell me that avitar repair manual is available, lol!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on December 30, 2009, 11:21:50 AM
Night Vision!!

Agreed - great avitar!  Just surprised it isn't for Apollo 13.   ;D

H2O

funkamongus

nice looking pants. they look like well made, tough pants. Id be looking for all the pockets, but Im currently a smoker, etc, and need more pockets!
I own:

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on December 30, 2009, 11:21:50 AM
Night Vision!!

You need to meet my uncle (my moms twin brother).  He was an engineer on the LEM for the Apollo 11...well, all of the LEM's.  His name is supposedly on a plaque on the LEM on the moon.

Funny story about it too.  I was taking care of a patient in teh hospital a few months ago and he was talking about when he worked for Grumman.  I asked him what he did and he said he worked on the LEM project.  I told him that my uncle dod too and he hasked his name.  Turned out that they were best friends and lost contact after he moved from Long Island NY to TN.  Small world.

David