News:

Main Menu

Watcha get from Santa????

Started by Tiger, December 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: funkamongus on December 30, 2009, 01:34:16 PM
nice looking pants. they look like well made, tough pants. Id be looking for all the pockets, but Im currently a smoker, etc, and need more pockets!

I think I'm going with the standard Fire Hose with the utility pockets.  I'm going to get the 10.9 oz rather than the 8.  The "Chaps" logger pans are nice too but don't have the extra pockets and the heavier 13 oz ones look nice too but lack the extra pockets.  Theres a story in the catalog about a guy that was wearing the heavy duty fire hose pants and wrecked his bike.  Said they stood up pretty well to the road rash.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

Quote from: Lucky on December 30, 2009, 11:21:50 AM
Night Vision!!
Tell me that avitar repair manual is available, lol!

oh yeah, it's for real... not only does it cover the 1969 Apollo 11, it also covers the Saturn V, CM-107, SM 107 and of course the Lunar Module 5 (LM-5) as you see on the cover... they're like $20

Quote from: YellowJacket! on December 30, 2009, 10:41:50 AM
Just found out that I'm getting a "late" gift.  Here are my choices, which do you all think is the better of the two?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/92204.aspx?feature=product_1

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/46014.aspx?feature=product_4

or these:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-pants/85370.aspx?feature=product_19

I had actually asked santa wife for them and the catalog got misplaced.  Found it sitting on my laptop this morning.  :-)

David

I  have seen and thought about those..... let us know what you think when you get whichever ones

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Re-Vision

David, would you share with me what what brand and color of paint you used on YellowJacket?   BDC

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Re-Vision on December 30, 2009, 08:39:27 PM
David, would you share with me what what brand and color of paint you used on YellowJacket?   BDC

My neighbor did the paint job for me.  He works in a local Chevy body/paintshop and painted it for me while he was doing a repair job on a car of the same color.  I'll ask him which color codes and brand paint he used.  In the mean time, any ROV'r know which paint is used in chevy paint shops?
Thanks,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

thread hijack i guess:
It seems we Visionaries come from good bloodlines, i've told the story about my Uncle Marshal, (we call him Uncle Einstein) currently retired in Vista California. he designed, built & did data recovery on the computers for the Gemini & Saturn reentry vehicles.  he tells a story about one reentry where one of the astronauts had a freak out & started throwing random switched during reentry.  the commander went behind him & calmly straightened everything out.  they landed safely of course, but most of the data on those early computers was unusable after that.  sorry i don't have details..
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

artbone

Santa brought me a Kindle. What a great gift for a motorcyclist that likes to read! I loaded books by Peter Egan and Kevin Cameron, then loaded collections (for about $3 apiece) by Mark Twain, HG Wells, Oscar Wilde, PG Woodhouse and Cervantes, then I loaded "Are you there, Vodka? It's me Chelsea." by Chelsea Handler, which is hilarious. I also downloaded a book about Marco Polo which is very interesting.

Now I've got a whole library that I can carry on the bike. I shouldn't run out of something to read for a long, long time. Very cool.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

arthurdent510

Santa was good to me this year ;D

So yea, I'm a traitor...  it's just nice having a bike that runs again...

sunburnedaz

I got a pool table and the GF got a Wii. My pool table is sadly in peices while I have a pro redoing the rails for me.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Kenny

Hi All,  Merry Christmas!!
    I had a different type of Christmas -both Dorothy and I were able to share our Christmas with my Father (the first one on his own). It was very Special, although getting out to Cranbrook B.C. in the Holiday season was a pain. I hope all of you were able to share your time with your family's.
                           Cheers Ken S. ;)   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Rick G

So , Art, are you coming to the spring ride??
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike