Previous topic - Next topic

Question?

O.k
1 (100%)
O.k
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

muukow

It's been about a year since the V has risen from the dead,in that short span it has proven to quite the UJM! I put about  5000 miles on it as it's been the daily commuter.The engine has been happy running at 110 in the summer to the middle teens this winter it starts the same! The only failures of parts has been 2 voltage regulators,the original started draining the battery at night the second(off V#2) charged a little too much and boiled the battery dry which fooled me into a starter replacement,I should have known better,the armature was shorting to the shaft but was still working and the new one turns over much faster! The upgrade list? The front brake is worthless! I don't think it could lock up on ice! The seat cracked on one the cold mornings a few weeks back :( Oh it doesn't like coolant in the overflow tank it just pushes it out! I suspect a head gasket but?
1982 Vision-stock except for 84 RZ350 paint!

muukow

Maybe a head gasket,but it's not exchanging fluids or running hot so I haven't worried too much? I may pull the the motor and try V#2's engine but #1 runs so good i hate to disturb it! N to fix the oil leak you'd think it was a Triumph or something! Maybe this year I'll get to see another running V on the road?
1982 Vision-stock except for 84 RZ350 paint!

inanecathode

This just means another 3 months until i can ride regularly :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QBS

Very glad to hear you are so happy with your V.  Once well sorted and ridden daily, they are highly dependable bikes.  BTW, UJM stands for Universal Japanese Motorcycle, as in four cylinders mounted transversly in the frame, like so many designs to come out of Japan.

The V doesn't meet the description, what with it being a V twin and all.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

motoracer8

Yes, everybody have a great 2010, and a very long riding season.

Keep the rubber side down.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British