Some free stuff I p/u this morning.

Started by vadasz1, January 07, 2010, 09:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Look at these beauties I just p/u this morning from a generous CL lister.

The windscreen is an Aeroflo off of a BMW GS1100 (should fit the V with a few new brackets), the saddle bags are almost like new, the tank bag  (it's an original BMW bag as well, has the logo on it) is missing a zippered on piece but I'm sure I can make something or find it on ebay, and the tail bag is almost like new too (he said it will hold a six pack nicely ;)  )

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Tiger

:) I'm looking for a set of soft saddle bags now that I have removed the hard bags...are you looking to off load them??
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

Not yet.  I'm still contemplating whether to use the hard bags I bought in Milton or go with these .  I think I will start with these since I haven't had time to do anything with the hard ones yet.  But who knows.

If you want to use the windscreen on a future project let me know and I'll see about fabing some brackets up.  I tried it on mine while the full fairing is off and it will look pretty good on the front of a Vision.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

From my experience with the Nelson Riggs soft bags and converting to hard bags, there is no going back for me.  As well as the soft bags fit, they just bounced around too much and "buffeted" while I was riding.  The hard bags seem to be much more stable and predictable when I ride.  Plus, I'm not constantly readjusting the straps.
Fianlly, the hard bags lock; both closed and onto the bike.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)