Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

VisionMeister

after a cold wet Jan-Feb, tomorrow will be the first day over 70 degrees
Just ordered new Avon Roadriders for front and rear
Now a new Battery from Mikes XS
Let's Ride

Coil Coyle

I've just diverted my Mexican Food Dining money and Beer money to the trip fund. We'll be there if we're still breathing.

I met a neighbor today who wanted to talk about buying a bike, I sent him to the 550 12K Vision on East Bay
craigslist. A new member is in the works.

The CROV now has a garage shop on Hilcrest Rd. in San Pablo, too. 2124

The Hell's Angels Richmond house is 2 blocks down the road. They're quiet neighbors these days. They have a neon sign in their window that I envy.

A Neon Flaming Stator for ours?

;D

Look forward to Tehachipi, thanks Sal, Sharon and Ron.

Steve, want to ride down after work and stay with us, then ride the rest together? We've got extra room for you and your wife if she wants to come.

See ya'll
;)
Coil

funkamongus

I may make that after all.. Im going to Flat Track Racing in Phoenix May 5-ish. I will try to get with you before then to see what is going on with the ride.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

VisionMeister

I went for a great ride last week with Supervision.
Down Hwy 49 to Jamestown, out the old Jacksonville-Stent Rd, back to 49 for the good part up to Coulterville, down the grade to Bagby and up to Bear Valley. We stopped at the overlook where you can see the road cut about four different levels below you. We reversed course and rode back the same way we had just scouted out.
Perfect spring conditions and no traffic made it a great ride. We left Coulterville on 132 back to LaGrange for the obligatory stop at the store and hang out on the porch, till we see old friends passing through on their weekend ride.
I returned home around Tulloch Lake, through Copperopolis and cut across Poole Station Rd to San Andreas for a gas break and home.
About 220 miles total for me. It was time to change my oil and get ready for the CROV spring ride. I had also put the final shag on the rear tire so time to mount my new Avons.

While I had the oil out I decided to pull the left case and flywheel to see if I can find the source of my cold start noise. This sound like a gear bolt backing off, allowing the gear or washer to vibrate. I checked the torque on the counterbalancer gear, but the washer tab ws still in place so no sign of a problem here. The CB drive gear was still in place with the lock washer tab intact. The starter clutch bolts were nice and tight. Every thing seems tight.

No metal in the oil so it can't be too serious, yet. After my experience three years ago, when one of my starter clutch bolts lodged between the gear and flywheel, locking the back wheel and almost high siding me, I don't want to go too long without finding the source of the noise. I'm going to check out the cam chain tensioners next and the cam gear bolts to see if there is anything coming loose or backing off. Since the noise goes away when it gets hot, I assume its something loose that expands and tightens with heat. Any other suggestions out there?

Looking forward to being in top shape for the Tehachapi flog.

funkamongus

Hwy 49, even up here just west of tahoe is GREAT!! Very twisty and very beautiful!
I own:

Ron_McCoy

Good news!  The Tehachapi Vintage Motorcycle Club Ladies are going to make dinner for everybody Saturday night.

motoracer8

What is the for shure date for this get together??

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

VisionMeister

Fri 4-30
Sat 5-1
Sun 5-2

I'm planning on going, but may truck it down.

X-Vision

glennw

Come to the rally.. go home with a Vision...

1982 V
Everything that counts (except carbs) is from an 83
Runs great...
Replaced all the normal V problem stuff.
New front, one ride on rear tire..
Boatload of extra parts ..
About 45k miles.

$900.00 or...
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. The forecast is for showers Wednesday and a nice weekend.  :) :)

darkvision

Hi,
I'm sorry to have to cancel my attendence in this year's Spring Rally. My mother is currently hospitalized with severe dementia and paranoid delusions and as her caregiver I need to be around here to deal with her current treatment and placement. Chet is also tied up with this. Needless to say its been pure hell. I was hoping that I could still get things stabilized for her but that still hasn't happened yet.

I was looking forward to this great ride and get-together and hope to make the Fall Rally. I wish you all the best  for the weather, road conditions, safe riding and some great times together. Please  share some  accounts and pictures.
Vic

Ron_McCoy

Vic, sorry to hear of your situation. Our thoughts and good wishes are with all of you.
We'll sure miss you and Chet this weekend. Hope to see you guys soon.

Ron

funkamongus

Im empathetic to your plight, DV. I, too, have had to deal with that from time to time. Its a hard one. My Mom is more or less evened out now, but it wasnt always this way. God bless you, give you patience, understanding, and the right amount of thorazine. I tried to talk to her once in the middle to find out what it was like and there was lots I could agree with and I wondered how far off you could go and still make sense to me. Anyway, I digress thinking about thoughts those situations gave me.  If you need to talk, Bro, Im here. Done there, been that.
I own:

Coil Coyle

Work is a frantic chase occurring in a hurricane of growing pains.

It's gonna be a close call but I'm still going to try.

More later...
;)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Ron or Sal,
Please post the start time and place and the lunch stop for Saturday.
7-11 will have donuts tomorrow and I'm heading down tonight.

Can't wait to see the Sierras again.

;)
Coil

Ron_McCoy

Start time-8am at the McCoy house.
Lunch stop- probably Kernville, as yet undetermined.

Coil Coyle

Dear Visionaries,

After the ride that Ron lead on Saturday I considered taking a picture of the front tire of his Vision, and then thought better of it. Unless any of you wear out the side of your tires before the center you would just have felt the way I did, befuddled.

He and Sharon throw a heck of a Driveway Dinner too!

Glenn realized he wanted to keep his Vision, too!

I passed the "East Bay Dragons" on I5, respectfully.

My Boss was glad to hear I came back.

Lori mowed the lawn. (Ahhh, the smell of fresh cut grass.)

The "Flying Pig" has it's tires scuffed to the edges, finally.

I've got a picture of Glenn W deciding to keep his V to post later.

I'm close enough to sane to go back to work tomorrow.

An enjoyable event, from my perspective.

;)
Coil

glennw

What a great ride!..
I can't sell my Vision.. it's too damn much fun!
We had a nice group of riders.. a nice mix of bikes and hell of a good time.
The roads in that area are incredible!
Good seeing the regular CROV guys and making some new friends!
Sharon and the local ladies went all out for dinner and desert Saturday Night.
Sell my bike... what was I thinking!..
G
Half Mad Max