Something wicked this way comes..................WOOOHAHAHAHAH

Started by vadasz1, January 27, 2010, 09:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Gee... and I thought it was a new iPhone or something.  ;-)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vadasz1

OK boys and girls.  Here is an update.

I finally am at the point where I am about to apply the second colour to the parts.  One set will be RED/WHITE and the second set will be BLUE/WHITE.  I think I shouild have that donw tomorrow night.  Then it will be 2 coats of clear and BOB'S YOUR UNCLE.

But here is something that transformed before my eyes.  Once I finished applying the 1/4" vinyl tape to mask off the area, I stepped back and saw that it looked very retro-ish and very CAFE cool.

What do you all think?

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Re-Vision

I like it too, my only criticism is that the tape doesn't follow the edge contours closely enough near the rear of the tank in the top picture. The depth of color on the tank along with colored stripes should look really good because its different from everything we've seen the last thirty years.   BDC

vadasz1

RV,the original decals which were on the bike didn't quite match up.  So I improvised a little.  I made the rear of the tank match the side cover striping, which was copied exactly like the original, and then just free handed the tape along the profile of the tank edge.  The original paint on the tank had the red on the top of the tank drape over the edge by about 20mm.  so that is what I had stuck to.  Hopefully when all is done the lines will still line up.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Kenny

Bring it on!! It looks awesome  ;D ;D
            Kenny 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

vadasz1

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

when will it be done?
hope he isn't charging you by the hour...... this thread started in January  ;) :D :D

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

akvision

oh poo..I'm tired of this....

what would Inane say??????????????? ???
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Kenny

8) 8) "Inane"  Is busy out Drilling two holes in the Filler (Neck) of his tank, I thinks.
                            ;D Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

vadasz1

kev10104

It must be so nice to pick up a brand new paint job.I hope pictures will be posted soon.Also of your bike Rob.

vadasz1

I'll post pics of my bike when I am actually riding it in a few more weeks.  I still ahve to clear coat my tank and then reassemble the parts.  Now that the painting session is over for a while I can concentrate on my baby.  Which reminds me I will have to come up with a new name for her.  I was thinking of THE BLUE HAMMER, or something along in combination of blue & hammertone, as that is the paint colour on her skin.

kev10104

vadasz1

Sorry for the delay folks, women are so hard to get dressed for these occassions..................

And here we go...........

Night Vision

I gotta go, I can't wait any longer.... I'll be back later
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vadasz1

vadasz1

vadasz1