The 2010 OnROV (and friends) Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, January 28, 2010, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

??? Damn it was just another regular work day " can you say 5 twelves in a row !! I am so envious of you guys with the W/E to play.
   Glad you all had a worry free Romp!
                   ??? ???
                   Cherios  Ken S.  (had a Marvy ride to work) 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Hartless

damn... i have been waiting for this all year too. but i don't think ill have hartless road trip worthy by then. plus work. will there be more gatherings .throughout the year?
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

fiddlesticks

I think I speak for all of us when I say hell ya there will be more rides. 

Thank you again Tiger for taking on the job of organizer/road captain. Your good planning and hospitality to are what make these rides what they are. I'll send you my pics tomorrow. Right now its a cheesy James Bond movie, a pina colada or 10 and bed.

We had a great weekend.  Even though we almost had to pay 3 bucks to enter our own country again . lololol  We beat the system this time though.  ;D 
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Night Vision

hooha! another great time seeing old familiar friends and met some new folks....

I was impressed that a group that large stayed together so well.... great job Tiger and Lou

no major problems and almost no breakdowns.... SmokeBomb didn't want to say goodbye until we fed her an ignition fuse and wrung her bucket wires dry along the side of the higway near the Peace Bridge  ::)

hope to see 'yall again soon
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kev10104

Thank you all for a wonderful day of riding.I had a chance to meet NightVision and Watson as well as Jeff and his wife and see some old friends again.It was a fantastic ride with the best bunch of people you will ever meet.Thanks again Tiger.

Tiger

Once again, what a great weekend...Thank you all  8)

Sundays ride was a bit warmer, faster and more manageable than Saturdays...but less riders

We got home at 7.30 last night after dropping our American brothers at the border and doing a wee tour around the Niagara/Welland/St Catherines area...and would you believe it, I screwed up AGAIN at the border!!!!!!! We...Geoff (Harley), Art(Harley),  Kev' (Vision), Fiddlesticks (Virago), Paul (Vulcan) and I (Vision), ...had to push our rides out of the far side of the duty free car park, up a bank, on a one way street...the wrong way... to get out without all the hassle ... LOL

I don't think SmokeBomb, N_V's Vision, wanted to go home :o  I think she was enjoying her vacation in Canada  ;D ...We stopped just before the border crossing and she wouldn't restart !!!. It turned out to be a loose ignition connection in the headlight bucket which in turn blew a fuse...ah, simple fix...hahahaha

I'll keep you all in the loop regarding any rides that I, or others, organise during the season.

Thank you all that turned out this weekend...it was a blast

Please email your photo's to me... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

joevacc

Glad all had a fun and safe ride!  Truly wish I was there...  As it turned out my wife's birthday was on the 22nd but that was not what kept away!  I had to work!  On my wife's Birthday!  What's the world coming to????
Hope to see you all soon!
jv
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

fiddlesticks

Well working is a lame excuse if I ever heard one  ;D  Seriously though we missed you buddy. We expect to see you next time, no ifs ands or buts about it.  Got it mister?
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Cdnlouie

Did you get pictures of Art pushing his Harley up a bank?  Stay tuned for entertainment tonight!  The only "wild card" we missed was Joe Vac, we may have to drop in on him.

Great day together!

fiddlesticks

Sadly no pictures of that. We were all occupied with getting our own rides up the hill. I must say Art is a trooper. That things gotta way 850-900 lb.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Night Vision

seems to me 'yall's run to the border is good exercise....

...... last summer Tiger pushed the Mistress over the bridge on the way back home from my ride... now there's a good story  :o

I was watching the "Purple Rain Cloud" on the weather channel and I guess he and Wolf ran smack into some "angel tears"   :'(
;D

jasonm.

great to hear so many had a good time. I never got my passport. So I could not come even if I had the time. I am presently tinkering with both my bikes. Carbs on the Big V4 and the supercharger W/aluminum pew38space modulator on the little V2...rocket. See you at NV's in July. Though I have not made reservations yet. NV, how are we looking for that ride?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Night Vision

just booked my son's flight yesterday so its on... weekend of July 16th.

that hotel a mile from my house is now a Days Inn.... Holiday Inn Express built bigger a bit south
;D

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.