News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

The 2010 OnROV (and friends) Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, January 28, 2010, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:)
Quote from: vadasz1 on January 31, 2010, 12:25:45 PM
Looking good so far buddy.  But it's still a long way away till the weekend ride.  Hope the numbers will still be as high or much higher by then.

It may seem like a long way off buddy, however, by the time people get themselves and their rides ready, spring will have sprung and shake down rides are needed...for both bike and rider to get back in the "groove"!!!

There will always be some changes due to work, vacation, Illness, etc...but the majority will be there on the day... ;)

8)...and ONE more for "The Gathering"... 8)  

8)...IN...SEVENTEEN...

8) ...TIGER & Cathy.
8) ...kev10104, Tammy & Dave.
8) ...Night_Vision, (Syracuse N.Y.)
8) ...vadasz1
8) ...Ninja_Lyn.
8) ...Joe_Vacc, (Rhinecliff, N.Y.)
8) ...Beemer Watson, (Cleveland Ohio).
8) ...Wolf.
8) ...Fiddlesticks.
8) ...Paul.
8) ...'Raj.
8) ...Lead_Deficiency.
8) ...Kenneth.
8) ...Andrew.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

It's the best day of the year!Good thing my wife doesn't read this.Or does she?Guess I will find out soon enough.Looking forward to it and many more.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on February 01, 2010, 03:11:48 PM
... Looking forward to it and many more.

8) You 'n me both buddy... 8)

8)...and THREE more for "The Gathering"... 8)  

8)...IN...TWENTY... 8)

8) ...TIGER & Cathy.
8) ...kev10104, Tammy & Dave.
8) ...Night_Vision, (Syracuse N.Y.)
8) ...vadasz1
8) ...Ninja_Lyn.
8) ...Joe_Vacc, (Rhinecliff, N.Y.)
8) ...Beemer Watson, (Cleveland Ohio).
8) ...Wolf.
8) ...Fiddlesticks.
8) ...Paul.
8) ...'Raj.
8) ...Lead_Deficiency.
8) ...Kenneth.
8) ...Andrew.
8) ...'Art & Bonnie.
8) ...Canadian_Lou.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) ... and the list gets longer...Two more riders have signed up... 8)

8)...IN...TWENTYTWO...19 riders & 3 pillion's... 8)

8)...TIGER & Cathy.
8)...kev10104, Tammy & Dave.
8)...Night_Vision, (Syracuse N.Y.)
8)...vadasz1
8)...Ninja_Lyn.
8)...Joe_Vacc, (Rhinecliff, NY)
8)...Beemer Watson, (Cleveland Ohio).
8)...Wolf.
8)...Fiddlesticks.
8)...Paul.
8)...'Raj.
8)...Lead_Deficiency.
8)...Kenneth.
8)...Andrew.
8)...'Art & Bonnie.
8)...Canadian_Lou.
8)...Big Barrie.
8)...Katana_Nelson.

So, book your time off boys and girls...and let me know if your coming, (or not), to the "Gathering"...  ;D  ...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Do I smell a two wheeler CONVOY..........this here is RUBBERDUCK, any TIGERS out there looking for somw HOGS....
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on February 02, 2010, 11:22:57 PM
Do I smell a two wheeler CONVOY..........this here is RUBBERDUCK, any TIGERS out there looking for some HOGS....

:) Last year we had three people ride the Fall Ride, who were new to group riding...and came through with flying colours. I'm proud of our safety record since helping to form these rides a few years... 8)

vadasz, to truly enjoy these rides, you need to get your Vision ready NOW...so you can both get some much needed road time under your belts, as soon as the weather breaks. Group riding is fun but takes a lot of extra concentration...from everyone but especially newbies buddy.

8).......TIGER........ 8)

fiddlesticks

Is it spring yet mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  :( :'( :'(
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

Quote from: fiddlesticks on February 04, 2010, 01:41:05 PM
Is it spring yet mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  :( :'( :'(

>:( NO!!!!...now get back in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

kev10104

I guess we can all get in the garage and have a little party and shoot the shit about all the riding we have done and will be doing.

Re-Vision

It's in the sixties here and I thought about all of our Canadian friends while out riding. Come on Spring, everybody needs to enjoy a ride now and then.   BDC

Raj1988

I'm moving to California. There are way to many senior citizens in Florida (Jerry Sinefield)
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

:) It won't be long before we are back out there on the road...four, maybe six weeks  :-\

8)........TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Here are some initial, basic details for your calendar... ;)

Saturday 22nd May 2010. We will meet up, as normal, at "The Breezy Corners Restaurant" at 9.30 a.m.

The restaurant is located on Highway #6, just south of the village of Freelton. This is between Highway #401 and Highway #403. Exit Hwy 401 at Brock road/Guelph South and head south, past Freelton, and you will see the restaurant on the left side a couple of minutes out of Freelton. Those coming from the Lake Ontario end, head north on Highway #6 toward Guelph, the restaurant is approx' a 5 minute ride from the #403 and will be on your right side...The restaurant is next door to a Tim Horton's and a Shell gas station.

After breakfast we will be heading in a northern('ish!!) direction toward... :-X Sorry, that is all, for now!!

Sunday 23rd May 2010, we will meet again at Breezy Corners for 10 a.m. After breakfast we will run down to the border to say farewell to our American brother(s) and then go for a wee ride out...

Normal rules apply... :-\
Come with your "Happy Head" on.... 8)

We ride in staggered formation at all times... 8)

We ride and observe all (o.k. most!!) of the rules of the road... 8)

YOU are responsible for the rider BEHIND you, so use your mirrors...if they stop, YOU stop... :o

There will be several "pit stops" along the way for gas/coffee/smoke/pee, etc, etc... ;D

:police: For every rider, no exceptions...If you consume any alcohol, your bike keys are mine!!! 

It is a Spring ride, so dress accordingly... ;)

We have been very lucky in that we have never had, in five years, a major brake down or, thankfully, any serious injury. Everyone has enjoyed themselves and got home safe and sound. Please lets continue the trend...REMEMBER, safety begins with YOU!!

I look forward to meeting and riding with you all soon. You really are a great bunch of people to be around... 

Any questions/suggestions/thoughts, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

nwrider

I'd love to attend your spring ride but at 2615 miles from the closest ferry terminal I think I'd better look for other Vision riders closer to me!  So......Anyone west of the Rockies having a nice long ride this spring?  I'm in the far NW corner of Washington and would consider a ride as far as central CA.  April?  May?

Thanks,
Ben
First dirt: Hodaka Ace 100B
First street: Honda 150 Dream
First racer: '86 Honda 500 Interceptor
Most memorable:Kawasaki 350 triple, GSXR 750 limited edition
Current: '83 Vision

Tiger

:) You would be more than welcome Ben... 8)

Start a separate thread, regarding a ride, and you will get a better response my friend ;) I know we have some Visionaries over your way and a wee bit over the Canadian border that you may be able to hook up with for a ride or two...There is certainly a goodly amount in CA... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Brian Moffet

You might be interested in the California Riders of Vision ride.  Look for CROV in this forum.

Brian

nwrider

Thanks Brian,  Time to dig out the maps and decide on a route! :laugh:
Ben
First dirt: Hodaka Ace 100B
First street: Honda 150 Dream
First racer: '86 Honda 500 Interceptor
Most memorable:Kawasaki 350 triple, GSXR 750 limited edition
Current: '83 Vision

Tiger

:) We have ELEVEN WEEKS until the 2010 annual spring ride, soooooooooooo...although we still have a few more weeks of "old man winter" to go, its time to start getting those rides awoken from hibernation and doing some pre spring routine maintenance and fixes :o ::) ;)

If you put her to sleep right...and have a fully charged battery, with a few nice words, she should fire up for you pretty easily... 8) If not, you may need your carbs cleaned...Aaaaaaaaaah!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Kenny

Ben,  8)
      These bikes love the long hauls, a couple of days out you get into a rythme,I was down to the 25th in Colorado-it was an awesome ride no gliches good weather great to meet some "wet coasters" even though I had to head back after only two days.
                                                            Cheers Ken S.
   ps. another riding tip:
        after going for a ride - use your hand to check both front & rear wheel bearings area's for excessive heat. If you can't hold your hand on the wheel center with ease (ie no heat you've got brg problems)
                           Cheers Ken S. ;)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

:) ONE more for the first main ride of the year... 8)

8)...IN...TWENTYTWO...19 riders & 3 pillion's... 8)

8)...TIGER & Cathy.
8)...kev10104, Tammy & Dave.
8)...Night_Vision, (Syracuse N.Y.)
8)...vadasz1
8)...Ninja_Lyn.
8)...Joe_Vacc, (Rhinecliff, NY)
8)...Beemer Watson, (Cleveland Ohio).
8)...Wolf.
8)...Fiddlesticks.
8)...Paul.
8)...'Raj.  :'(
8)...Lead_Deficiency.
8)...Kenneth.
8)...Andrew.
8)...'Art & Bonnie.
8)...Canadian_Lou.
8)...Big Barrie.
8)...Katana_Nelson.
8)...xswheels

:-\ Have you booked time off boys and girls... :o :-\

Let me know if your coming, (or not), to the 2010 spring "Gathering"...  ;D  ...

8).......TIGER....... 8)