News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

The 2010 OnROV (and friends) Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, January 28, 2010, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Just under ELEVEN WEEKS to go... 22nd/23rd MAY 2010...the Canadian May twofour weekend... 8)

Regarding the Spring Ride...
There is a wee bit of concern that the spring ride may be toooo big a pack, in terms of road rage from the cages and therefore safety...
I think we will have one or two drop out before the ride ... work, family, sick or !!
However, Canadian_Lou and I where talking about the same thing a week or so ago.... We may, in the interest of safety, run two packs, looping around in opposite directions and meeting up at lunch and then at a restaurant at the end of the ride.... :-\ I'll up date as we go along... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

Found your comment on safety interesting, I've never wanted to ride with more than one other bike because its hard enough keeping up with what your partner is doing. There obviously should be rules to be followed when riding with more than one or two other riders. What are they?  My experience with motorcycle groups has been negative and I understand why they can cause road rage to auto drivers. If there are unpublished rules or suggestions these might be of help to bike and auto drivers.   BDC

Lead_Deficiency

might i suggest a map hand out and meeting places along the route just to gather up straglers

Tiger

:) I'm going to sit down with Canadian_Lou, hopefully this week, to work out a double route...for two crews!!

We will split the ride in to two groups, meet for lunch and then for the main meal at...TBA!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)               
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

kev10104

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on March 29, 2010, 05:14:34 PM
...I can't wait.

:) Only...

8).......EIGHT WEEKS TO GO....... 8)

...to the main event buddy 8)

kev10104

In the twenties starting Thursday buddy!Weekend is supposed to be great as well.We might have to go riding!

Re-Vision

Tiger, I too am sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are doing well.  I recently asked about group riding rules and no one gave me a direct answer. Today I got into a conversation with the owner of the local bike shop and was invited to ride in a group ride, I declined and asked about rules of riding as he said he is always asked to lead the procession. He gave me a rather long spiel about rules he insisted upon and what conduct he would not tolerate. I was wondering if anyone has an interest in those rules and have any of you given any thought as to what if anything that might be done to make all riders safer when riding in groups?   BDC

Tiger

:) Hi All,

The spring ride...22nd/23rd May 2010...is less than six weeks away!!! :o ...With this in mind, given the numbers attending, the ride will be split in to two riding groups when we set away from Breezy Corners, after breakfast.

At the end of the ride, on the Saturday evening, we will again be having our meal at The Mandarin Restaurant in Brampton.

I need to know who will be attending the ride...... and who will be coming to The Mandarin, as I need to book the table to accommodate the group.

PLEASE let me know A.S.A.P.......

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

So far, for the spring ride, we have confirmation from:

8)...Yes... 8) ...19 people, 15 bikes and more to come!!

Cathy and I...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Kev10104 & Tammy...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'83 Vision.
Art & Bonnie...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...Hahahaharley
Night_Vision (Syracuse)...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision
L_D...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Canadian_Lou...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision
xswheels (Sarnia)...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Fiddlesticks & Paul...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...Virago & Vulcan
Lyn + 1...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...Ninja & Suzi.
Andrew...Saturday & The Mandarin...Zypher!!
Barrie & Doris...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'76 Goldwing.
vadasz1...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Watson (Cleveland, Ohio)...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...2009 Beemer.

NO... Mike (Paris), Scott, 'Raj.

I appreciate that family, work, etc, come first...however, I need to book The Mandarin at the weekend, so let me know folks.... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Hey, I'm good to go.  Honeydo list is started and most of it should be completed before the ride.  So the queen siad that I can have that weekend for my fun weekend.  I even told her that Monday is going to be our special family day so I will have to plan something nice for my queen and 2 princesses.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Tiger

:)...and another confirmation... from Watson, down there in Cleveland, Ohio... 8)

Tiger

:) ...aaaand Dave on his Yamaha...or Suzi'...or Honda  ::) LOL

Tiger

8)...Yes... 8) ...21 people, 17 bikes and more to come!!

Kev10104 & Tammy...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'83 Vision.
L_D...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Canadian_Lou...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision
Barrie & Doris...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'76 Goldwing.
vadasz1...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Dave Millican...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...Yam/Suzi/Honda!!
Little Barre...Saturday & The Mandarin...'02 Honda Shadow.

NO... Mike (Paris), Scott, 'Raj, Mel & Mike.

I appreciate that family, work, etc, come first...however, I need to book The Mandarin at the weekend, so let me know folks.... ;)

Tiger

Tiger

:) Wahoooo, my old friends Geoff & Sharon Birr...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'09 Harley... 8)

Tiger

The Mandarin Restaurant in Brampton is now booked for Saturday 22nd May at 4 p.m.

http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/locations_brampton.html

25 people, 18 bikes and more to come I'm sure!!

Kev' & Tammy...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'83 Vision.
L_D (Schomberg)...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Canadian_Lou & Jayne...Saturday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision
Big Barrie & Doris...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'76 Goldwing.
vadasz1 (Mississauga)...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'82 Vision.
Dave Millican...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...Yam/Suzi/Honda!!
Little Barre...Saturday & The Mandarin...'02 Honda Shadow.
Geoff & Sharon...Saturday/Sunday & The Mandarin...'10 Hahaharley
Brian_Mathewson...The Mandarin.

If you are not on the above list and want to go to either the ride(s) and/or the banquet at The Mandarin, please let me know as soon as you can... ;)

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution