The 2010 OnROV (and friends) Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, January 28, 2010, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I just hope eit won't rain anymore by then...:(
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 12, 2010, 11:42:54 AM
I just hope It won't rain anymore by then...:(
Miserable prick!!! Smarten up buddy...

The long range weather report is for good weather for the holiday weekend... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

I believe I have the Friday off before the ride and might be able to join you guys as well.

Tiger

:) As things stand, with only five days to go, we have TWENTYSIX people/Nineteen bikes in this years spring ride!!!!!

I need a confirmed head count for the restaurant (by Wednesday evening) and have sent out an email today to everyone. IF I missed YOU out and you wish to attend, please let me know A.S.A.P... ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

vadasz1

If it's going to be great weather like yesterday, we are going to be in for some fun times. 

Remember to bring water to drink at rest stop, sunblock if it gets to be a nice clear day, and make sure to start your diet this week so that you can pig out at the buffet on Saturday afternoon.  8)

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 17, 2010, 07:10:54 PM
Remember to bring water to drink at rest stop, sunblock if it gets to be a nice clear day, and make sure to start your diet this week so that you can pig out at the buffet on Saturday afternoon.  8)

::) O.K. mommy!!!

vadasz1

Just heard a radio commercial for the Mandarin Buffet Restaurant and the Alaskan Crab Legs Festival is still on.  So get ready to have a great meal this Saturday folks.   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Tiger

:) HOOOOOOYAA....

8).......ONLY THREE DAYS TO GO....... 8)
...and counting 8)

vadasz1

Well only 3 sleeps till the ride and it isn't looking too good nor too bad.  May get some light rain (10mm is being forcasted), so bring the rubber suits people.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696?ref=homecity

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 19, 2010, 07:48:03 PM
Well only 3 sleeps till the ride and it isn't looking too good nor too bad.  May get some light rain (10mm is being forcasted), so bring the rubber suits people.

::) F**k me!!!... Your like the guy from little Abner that has the black cloud over his head... :P

As it happens...I can't remember the last spring or fall ride we didn't have some angels tears buddy ;)

Night Vision

the rain weeds out the weaklings   ;)

it gives me an excuse to wash (my vision)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Tiger's Motel reservation desk,

The rooms are all booked up at "Tiger's Motel" in the warm (High 70's today) and sunny enclave known as Erin, Ontario...LOL.

For your convenience, we supply clean towels, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and shaving gel...as well as a comfortable and restfull bed, if you feel the need to sleep... ;D .

Laundry facilities are available...However, our experience is that most, if not all, real bikers do not wear underwear or wash their clothes (or them selves!!). Knickers, if worn, will last four days...normal, back-to-front and ditto when turned in-side-out!!! There is a stream, just up the street, if you insist in wearing your clothes if and when you do bathe. We also have guaranteed rain days here in Ontario, should you get to drunk to remember your annual dip.... ::) For those boring individuals, a normal bath/shower is available... ;)

Cold, Canadian brewed beer is available from the patio bar fridge for your refreshment. A corner of the small but airy patio area has been reserved for you to fall down in, should the Canadian beer be a bit over powering for your pallet . The respectful servants will provide a cover for you, for the night. This will stop most of the wild animals that we have here...raccoons, skunks, turtles, etc, disturbing you. Hot, strong coffee is available at no extra charge!!!!

Be aware, we have two wild, volatile dogs and a cat . If you leave your room door open at nights, you may awake with a pussy and/or dog licking your face...this is just their way of wearing you down!!!!...LOL. You are allowed to pet the dogs and pussy as much as they like it...and they like it ALL the time   

Special dietary needs are looked after here...You will be on a see food diet...what you see you eat... . There is a reservation made for you on Saturday evening at The Mandarin Restaurant. This is a well known opium supply shed frequented by the local constabulary...do not be alarmed...these officers are buying. Turn a blind eye and just enjoy the vast amount of food laid out for your pleasure.

See you on Friday guys... 8)

Tiger

:) Reservations for TWENTYFIVE people have been made at The Mandarin Restaurant in Brampton for Saturday evening. We need to be there by 3.45 p.m... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

lmfao . Looking forward to yet another ride with the extended family. Those poor folks at the Manderin. They don't know what a rowdy crowd they have on the way. lol.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

Nearly there folks...

Today, I have the pleasure of having our long distance riders, (N_V from Syracuse NY, Watson from Cleveland Ohio and xswheels from Sarnia (on Saturday) ), coming in to 'The Tiger Motel'. They will be here rain, hail or shine.... 8)

The weather report for Saturday: 17c (66f), with light showers (surprise, surprise its the May
twofour holiday weekend!!)...so everyone should pack their rain suits, just in case. Unless we get severe rain, a monsoon and/or a hurricane, the ride will still go ahead as planned... 8)

A table has been booked at "The Mandarin" for 4p.m. on Saturday...and their staff eagerly await our arrival with anticipation.... ;) Please be there by 3.45 p.m...

We have one or two new members riding with us...please welcome them in the usual fashion... :-*  ;)

There will be two road captains this weekend, Canadian_Lou will lead the 'spirited' ride, which will give you a good workout (knowing C_L)...and myself, the more sedate ride, with time out to smell the roses...LOL. The choice will be yours...however, I would hope for a fairly even split, keeping safety as a priority.

I look forward to meeting and riding with you all over this holiday weekend.

See you all on Saturday morning, 9 a.m. Breezy Corners Restaurant...Ride safe, stay safe....

Remember to bring your camera...

Night Vision

and so the ride begins.... see 'ya in a few  :)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vadasz1

WOW.....what a fantastic, but somewhat wet ride.  Everyone met at BC ontime and had whatever their appetites asked for.  Then it was time to put on our rain gear as it started to rain pretty steadily.  we then all got on to our mounts and headed off, as one big group, to enjoy the rest of the day.

As this was my first time riding in a big group, I was kind of nervous as I didn't want to make any mistakes that could endnager me and anyone else.  So I just listened to our captain, Tiger, and just kept it cautious for a while as it was my first time riding unfamiliar roads and in the rain as well.

So there wasn't much excitement except when I down shifted 2 gears, as I was coming to a red traffic light, and the tail just slid to the right about a foot or so. (Good thing that breakfast was on the light side this morning)
Then later as we were catching up to the rest of the front riders, as we got split up by a quick changing traffic light, Cdnlouie makes a quick swerve voer to the left turn lane and I tried to slow down real quick for the light and jammed on the binders and down shifted some.  Green light comes and as I accelerate off the bike bogs and stalls.  AllI am thinking is Fiddlesticks is right behind me and I am not kind to be butt slapped.  So I quickly pull in the clutch and hit the start button and quickly shift down and get rolling again.  Turns out I down shifted previously only to third and didn't realize it until I stalled it and got it going again. (this was my second seat suction moment for the day)

After a few rest stops with some great riding inbetween them, we headed off to the AMndarin buffet restaurant.  I think everyone had more food than what they actually paid for.  And the crab legs were fantastic.  I think we all walked out each about 5lbs heavier.  Said our goodbyes and then I headed for home.

Can't wait for the next ride that I can be available for.

h2olawyer

Quote from: Tiger on May 19, 2010, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: vadasz1 on May 19, 2010, 07:48:03 PM

::) F**k me!!!... Your like the guy from little Abner that has the black cloud over his head... :P

"Joe Btfsplk - World's most loving friend and worst jinx who always travels with a dark cloud over his head." http://www.lil-abner.com/other.html
(I played Evil Eye Fleegle in our high school production of the musical many, many years ago (pre-Vision).)

Sounds like y'all had a great time!  Glad it rained so those interested could do their bathing & laundry on the go!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) 19 bikes of various designs...7 Vision's/Honda's/Suzi's/Kawi's, a Beemer and even a couple of Harley's too... 8)

:) A couple of newbies to shoe in... :o

:) A heart busting, cholesterol laden breakfast to start the day... :P

:) Rain suits to ward off the morning rains... ::)

:) Pit stops along the way to help us get to know our new friends, strip off the rain suits!!, coffee, pee, etc,... ;)

:) The HUGE buffet, non stop food, all you can eat, banquet at the Mandarin (with a few 'extra' people to our group), was SUPERB value and a great way to end the day... 8)

:) NO accidents, brake downs, arguments/bitchin'...absolutely priceless 8) 8) 8)

Thank you all, once again for coming out and making this another memorable spring ride...see some of you today for the Sunday ride... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Re-Vision

I don't think its an accident that you have so many Visionaries in the Toronto area. Perhaps we could rotate Tiger to different areas and then ya'll could be the envious ones for awhile. Really am glad to see you Cannucks having such a good time and I know we all would like to join you. Keep on keepin on.    BDC