'83 decals

Started by vadasz1, February 03, 2010, 02:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I was wondering if anyone who has a Vision with the '83 full fairing, whether they would want to buy a complete decal set like in the picture below.

I have templates I made that I had quoted at a local signage shop.  I can get decent pricing when combined as 4 sets.  For example, 1 person wants the set as shown above and wants one as a spare set, and another rider wants it in the colours that were made for the black or red U.S. bikes.  The price would be $95/set + actual shipping cost (should be able to ship in a small tube).

1 set is made up ofthe following:

1L + 1R decal for the upper fairing
1L + 1R decal for the bottom fo the lower fairings

4pcs of striping decal @ 36" length (enough for the tank sides and the diamond shaped plastics (leftover can be used anywhere on the bike like a SS type striping as well.

2 YAMAHA decals 1.5" x 5.5" and they can be either the mirror gold or mirror chrome finish on black background.  Or even the same colour as the other decals.

All decals will be made from AVERY vinyl, which is very similar to the stuff 3M makes.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) When I resurrected my Red/White '83 a couple of years back, I had her completely repainted. However, I had the guy strip off the decals and paint them in, instead of re-decaling... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

I know, I would make the effort as well to paint the decal styles on instead.  Will look much better. 

BUT.......there must be a few people who want the simplicity of just doing a straight paint job and then just applying the decals as they see fit.

You know the saying:  TO EACH HIS OWN!

This is just an idea I have buddy.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

akvision

Vadasz1, I would commit to a set, if I could get the color in Alaska Flag Gold.. ( kind of dandy lion yellow)
akv
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

vadasz1

AK:  do you think you can send me something via e-mail to see what it actually looks like.  Even better if you can get me the colour code in CMY

fret not

Just Google the Alaska flag.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

Quote from: fret nut on February 05, 2010, 01:32:12 AM
Just Google the Alaska flag.

Thats waaaaaay to easy...LOL

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

akvision

will try to see what I can find.. have to look up CMY??  is that color my yamaha?? :laugh:
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"

Brian Moffet

I believe that is actually CMYK.  Which stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black.  It's a standard for printing presses.

Brian

vadasz1

Sorry, I forgot the 'K'.

AK, he has many shades of yellow.  I'll see next week about the yellow if he can look it up on the interwebs.

Kenny

Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Also all colours the Aircraft Manufacturers  use in the flight deck for the "ECAM system" (electronic central aircraft monitoring system)  Why they can't use normal colour names is beyond me !
    My 2bits. Was tempted today as the roads here were clean & dry!  ;)
              Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

67GTO

RBG (red green blue) is for tv and computer monitors.

CYMK is for color printers and copiers
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Re-Vision

I was under the impression that there is some kind of standard for paints that doesn't leave the colors up to subjective judgment. Maybe I'm thinking of some color standard for printers.  BDC

akvision

V,
http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/flags/ak_flag.htm
Here is the color as it is on the flag.. dandy lion yellow?

Or as close and approximation as possible.. My BluV is not dark blue.  I would call it sky blue.  This yellow will go nice and will match the AK plate.

1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"

funkamongus

What would it be for a black bike? Gold metallic, logo and panels? 
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

vadasz1

What ever you want guys.  But remember my pricing is based on me being able to order 4 complete sets at a time.  If I don't then it will cost about $30 more per set. 

Now if i can make a bigger order at one time then I can possibly get the sets down to about $80-$85 per set.

funkamongus

I wont be ready for a bit.. Im still broke but things are STARTING to pick up,, just a little bit and ever so slightly, but starting to pick up...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Brian Moffet

They look great, but unfortunately, they're not real 83 graphics (at least U.S. 83 graphics)....

Brian

vadasz1

If you want true U.S. 83 graphics then I will need to have a stencil made by placing a sheet of paper over the original on the fairing and then rubbing charcoal lightly over the top as to have the edges high lighted.  also you may have to draw in any of the black stripes that are on it.  Then I can have a set made from those rubbings, since they will be to scale.