Debagged & rebagged...

Started by Tiger, February 22, 2010, 07:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) A couple of year's back while scrounging around my favorite wreckers... ::) I came across a set of Kruaser hard bags on a crashed Virago,  You know the type I mean...They are light weight and clip on/off of the frame. They needed a good cleaning and the cast aluminum frames, on both sides, had broke in a couple of places...ah well!!

Around a year later, they were still sitting there...so I bought them...and then chucked them in the loft... ::)

At the start of the last riding season, I had fitted a set of Givi hard bags that I had bought at a swap meet. They had come off of a Honda, were in good condition and once fitted, worked well. However, they are huge and kinda heavy...so, at the end of the year, off they came. What now, me thinks... :-\

Yep, while up in the garage loft last week, looking for some parts for another Vision, I came across the Krauser bags/frames, hmmmmmmmm... :-\
I gave the frames and some aluminum welding rods to my buddy "Big Barrie", a retired machine and fab' guy, to do the required "fixes". A couple of days later, back they came, repaired and ready to fit on "The Mistress". So yesterday, after fixing a leak in the rear tire and repainting the rear swing arm assembly, I got to work on fitting the bag frames. Given that they were not off of a Vision, a wee bit of fab' work was required... ;) I have a Wolf exhaust system fitted and started at the right side to make sure I could fit away from the muffler. After a wee bit of head scratching, cutting and drilling, I got the frame fitted and the bag clipped right on...magic!!! I replicated what I had done on the right side to the left and ...VOILA!!! A set of light weight, clip on/off bags now sit on "The Mistress"... 8)

I still have to do some "fine tuning" to finish them off, paint the frames and clean the bags up some, but hey...I gotta keep myself busy riiiiiiight!!!  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

nwrider

Way to go!  Have any pictures?
Thanks
First dirt: Hodaka Ace 100B
First street: Honda 150 Dream
First racer: '86 Honda 500 Interceptor
Most memorable:Kawasaki 350 triple, GSXR 750 limited edition
Current: '83 Vision

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

Quote from: nwrider on February 22, 2010, 09:43:15 AM
Way to go!  Have any pictures?
Thanks
Quote from: Raj1988 on February 22, 2010, 06:03:30 PM
Lets see some Pics tiger

:) Patience, patience people, all good things come to them that wait...GRRRRRRRRRRR... LOL.

I'll post once their finished and....I can figure out, after all these years HOW to post pictures!!!!!!!
Please do not try to explain the process, I am not computer friendly... >:(  ::)

I'll send them to my good friend and 'publisher' (Night_Vision) for final inspection, editing and publication  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!