News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

The first ride of 2010

Started by fiddlesticks, February 22, 2010, 08:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

I am getting a RoadRider for the rear to match the front. But 120/90. Never had a head shake with Metzelers. Dunlops are not my my favorite tire. They are/were OEM tire on may bikes...why? cause they are cheap. Seen them dry-rot in 3 years with friends bike.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on March 06, 2010, 09:28:34 PM
I was waiting to hear if you fur balls got out today.

good job!

8) Fur balls and the rest....LOL 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fiddlesticks

You missed a nice ride Sunday man. ;D
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

kev10104

I kept hearing bikes while I was in the backyard with the brats um kids.I was wanting to ride so bad.

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

VisionMeister

I have been out several Sundays over the last month (when it was dry).
I hit the local roads through Volcano, up Rams Horn Grade left at Shake Ridge Rd, then down Charleston Grade back to Volcano. If not too cold, I head down Volcano-Sutter Creek Rd unti it gets damp,in the never sees the sun section, then turn around and back to Volcano.
This gives me about a 45 mile loop in a short enough time to not get chilled to the bone. Just enough to keep the battery up and make me fell like I rode.
Looking forward to warmer weather and longer rides.

JDArgonaut

Been busy with other crap (well... chores, fixing the house and getting a job) so I hadn't brought the vision out of moth balls this season yet. I have a trickle charger, but being an electrician, I hate using them especially being trained that it is better for a battery to have a trickle discharge. Well, I decided after doing a few things around the house AND instead of cleaning the Man Cave put a quick charge on the battery so that she would start. I started her and thought that I would just take her for a spin around the block, but that turned into going down the road a couple of miles. Somehow I killed her and went to start her and... very sluggish turning over, then nothing. Crap, I should have let her charge up a little longer. I try a few more times after waiting a few minutes to no avail. Somehow the battery even after sitting for a few minutes doesn't magically recharge itself! Now the dreaded must happen. My wife doesn't like the bike, I don't know why, but she just doesn't like it. I try calling a few of my friends to see if they are available for a jump... no go. Great, now I have to call the woman and I can already hear it in her voice. Thankfully, she makes it there in less than a day (only 7 minutes up the road) and as soon as I hook up the jumper cables, I try it and she fires up instantly. I smile, her look says it all. I ask her what she wants for dinner since I am buying. Her eyes soften and says she will let me know when we get home, and wants to know if I want to keep the jumper cables with me...
All in,
JDA