News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New Vision owner- help!

Started by Pojo, April 13, 2004, 07:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojo

I just got an 82 Vision from a friend for free and it needs to be fixed up a bit. They said all that needs to be done is to repair the carburetor. It has already been semi-taken apart but i need to clean it and replace some of the parts. Any good kits that would be easy for a first timer to do. I am kinda on a tight budget so i cannot have it professionally done.

GA_Wolf

There is a post on page 2 about 82 keyster carb kits may be available soon, posted by canadianlouie.....I think Lucky has an 82 also..he may be of some help locating a kit or at least parts.

Dan Fink

I was just wondering if this is hard to do though. I found kits on ebay but I am not sure if I would be able to do it. I am 17 and have almost o expirience with these things.

Lucky

there are no kits for the 82's (yet) but you should be able to reuse the gasketts, and you can get the jets at any motorcycle shop (ask for Mikuni jets) see the sizes posted on a previous post.

I, Rick G., and a few others here can rebuild them for you, for a fee.  otherwise, you can do them yourself, I don't think it's that hard.  just be sure to place everything back where it came from.  there are pages on my site, Vision Resources, at http://www.xz550.com to help you.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Pojo

I understand basically how to clean the carb, but how do I adjust theses setting like float and mixture and timing. (sry, not much mechanical knowledge here.)

Lucky

You need to pick up an OEM or Haynes manual, either over on the Swap Shop page or on Ebay, I can let you D/L them if your in the Americas, or contact Humber if your in Europe.
the float settings are in the books, I have detailed instructions on setting pilots & synq (I'll post on my site tonight), and there is no timming adjustment.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Pojo

Lucky is sent you an email about d/l the hayes manual. thnx for the info.