News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New American Motorcycle company

Started by Jimustanguitar, March 08, 2010, 01:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

http://motusmotorcycles.com/

I just read about this new company in Cycle World. We'll have to see what the riding tests have to say about it. I wish 'em luck.

QBS

To say that Kevin Cameron is wise about motorcycle engines is to say that water is wet.  It's redundant and obvious.  I agree with him regarding the adequacy of the OHV 2 valve design...with the disclaimer of "adequate displacement".  You really only need OHCs when you're looking for big power out of smaller displacement.  A good comparison is Corvette vs Ferrari.  Both get the job done.  One does it with conservative technology, relatively low revs, and big cubes,... while the other does it with advanced technology, relatively high revs and smaller cubes.

I hope that MOTUS can keep the weight down.  The market doesn't need another Honda ST1300 (600+ lbs.)

Ron_McCoy

Anyone thinking of buying a MOTUS should ride an ST1300 first. Everthing that's claimed for the MOTUS the ST has plus Honda reliability and shaft drive. Check out ST-Owners.com . People that have them love them.

motoracer8

A ST1300 is 728 lbs with gas, and no people. It's a great hiway machine, very nice to ride a distance, but it's no canyon rocket. No I don't own one, but I have spent time on both the 1100, and 1300, both nice machines.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Ron_McCoy

From the specs quoted for the MOTUS, there's no reason to believe it will be any lighter than an ST. In any event the ST doesn't feel heavy once you're rolling. I have 24,000 miles on my 1300. I bought it for two up riding with my wife and it works very well for that whether on the open highway or in the twisties.  I live in the mountains and ride motorcycles as my main form of transportation so every ride involves riding canyons and twisty roads. You might be surprised at how fast you can ride an ST. Several sportbike riders have. It really pisses them off to get passed by a bagger.  I have friends with 1100s with very high mileage, one over 200,000 miles, with only normal maintenance. They are hard on tires though.